X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bestest US healthcare of all times

So, the GOP Senators have lifted the shroud over its healthcare-bill

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...nciliation-act

I have to admit that it is truely the bestest healthcare thinkable ... but only if you are healthy, rich and young.

For those wo are poor and sick and/or old, it seeems like their nightmare came true.

But I have to admit that the GOP senators put a lot of thought in it ... especially in the fact that the worst cuts will only take effect after 2020 ...
    so republican voters won't get hit too hard during the election year 2018 (and will still likely vote GOP) ... and when the cuts hit, after 2020, it is most likely the democratic successor to PotUS Trump, who will have to deal with the negative PR fallout from the Bills cuts (and can easily be made the scapegoat for the whole mess by the GOP)

Now only one question remains:
    Will there be 3 or more republican senators with a rest of conscience, which will vote against the bill, or will the bill pass the senate?
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

The Senate would eliminate the individual mandate by setting the penalty for not carrying health insurance to zero dollars. They can’t completely wipe it off the books due to the complex rules of the budget reconciliation process, but this would have the same effect.

The Senate bill does not have any replacement policy for the individual mandate, any negative financial consequence for skipping out on health insurance. This is different from the House bill, which had a requirement that Americans keep “continuous coverage” or else face higher premiums when they reenter the market.

The Senate bill still requires insurance companies to accept all patients, regardless of how sick they might be or what preexisting conditions they have. Building a health insurance system without an individual mandate or any replacement policy runs a significant risk of falling into a death spiral, where only the sickest people buy coverage and premiums keep ticking upward.
    Great idea, Republicans! Once the health insurance market is destroyed, single-payer healthcare will be more popular and the Democrats will be able to implement it when they regain control

Comment

And they thought Obama care was designed to fail.

But as stated, it will give the Dems the opportunity to say this one is doomed to failure and must be replaced.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I can only conclude that the Republican goal is to increase the death rate of poor people. If they can accelerate the process enough, it would also keep Medicare and Social Security solvent too.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Four conservative Republican senators have said they will not vote for the bill, because it isn't cruel enough... they may have used somewhat different words, but their intent was clear.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

And there are a few moderate Repubs who may not vote for either because it is too cruel
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
              I can only conclude that the Republican goal is to increase the death rate of poor people. If they can accelerate the process enough, it would also keep Medicare and Social Security solvent too.
              I assume this is why they also forbid people under Medicaid, to go to Planned Parenthood clinics.
              The larger amount of unwanted pregnancies that end with a birth will (at least partially) balance out the larger amount of deaths in sick and old poor people
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Ming maeks me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, you guise.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

I assume this is why they also forbid people under Medicaid, to go to Planned Parenthood clinics.
                  The larger amount of unwanted pregnancies that end with a birth will (at least partially) balance out the larger amount of deaths in sick and old poor people
                  More young low wage workers provides the grunt labor that makes businesses profitable. If they all die by age 65, they will have spent a lifetime paying into the system, but dying before the system pays them back.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Obama: Healthcare for everyone!
                    Everyone: You should be President!
                    Obama: Here's your healthcare, and you can keep your old plan and doctors!
                    Everyone: That sounds great, but it's utter bull****!
                    Trump: We will repeal and replace it with something much, much better!
                    Everyone: You should be President!
                    GOP House: Our bill will screw 23 million people out of coverage!
                    Trump: That's awesome, but kind of mean.
                    GOP Senate: You think that's mean? Hold my beer!
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Five GOP senators have already said they will not vote for it. Republicans can only have two defectors and still pass the bill.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Who knew health care would be so complicated....
                        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Yes, it's tough to decide just what's mean enough.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

At least 4 Senators think the bill is not mean enough.

Comment

The CBO estimates that the number of uninsured will increase primarily because the penalty (TAX) for not having insurance will be eliminated. Sounds pretty cruel to me.

Also it will reduce the deficit and lower premiums.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                              X