"Obama wiretapped Trump Tower - well, just kidding, dunno really"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Obama wiretapped Trump Tower - well, just kidding, dunno really"

Unsubstantiated claims by US President Donald Trump that he was wiretapped by Barack Obama were not meant literally, the White House press secretary says.

Sean Spicer said Mr Trump had broadly meant "surveillance and other activities" when he made the allegation in a tweet earlier this month.

He also suggested the president was not accusing his predecessor specifically.

Meanwhile, the justice department has asked for more time to provide information about the allegations.

A congressional committee had set a Monday deadline for the department to provide any evidence of President Trump's claims but a spokeswoman said it needed "additional time... to determine what if any responsive documents may exist".

The House Intelligence Committee said it would give the department until 20 March to comply with its request.

(...)
    Bolding? It wasn't me! (<<< not meant literally)
    Full: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39262158

I'm a bit disappointed though since throwing random accusations around, then saying it's not meant literally is not as inventive than declaring "alternative" facts
    Last edited by BeBMan; March 14, 2017, 05:37.
    Blah

I hope Spicer gets well paid for all the bull**** he has to tell reporters in order to protect GPOTUSOAT (Greatest POTUS of all time) Trump.

I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror anymore, if I would have to constantly tell reporters all the things that Spicer has to tell
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Did the BBC report that they are responsible for this because of their fake news?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

So all the media that simply repeated Trump's tweets, were just fake news? That's the story you're going with? Or are you claiming that those weren't really his tweets? Even his mouth pieces aren't going down that road.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          So all the media that simply repeated Trump's tweets, were just fake news? That's the story you're going with? Or are you claiming that those weren't really his tweets? Even his mouth pieces aren't going down that road.
          Ignore^ant

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            Did the BBC report that they are responsible for this because of their fake news?
            Ah we're going with the abusive husband route? "If you didn't keep crying, then I wouldn't keep hitting you!".

Comment

I think Kidicious means that everything that Trump says is fake news
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I don't think Kid knows what he means.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post

Ah we're going with the abusive husband route? "If you didn't keep crying, then I wouldn't keep hitting you!".
                  What?

Comment

I don't speak your insane conservative insane feminist language.

Comment

You don't speak any kind of a cohesive language
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's called "Truthiness" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness
                        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Just to be safe, microwave a bunch of tinfoil before having top secret meetings in the kitchen. Not while it's on your head though, that wouldn't be safe.

Comment

The DoJ has submitted documents as evidence.

Comment

That's great - soon the public as well as the press will be able to examine those docs in detail.
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X