Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the press censorship under the Trump administration begins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by korn469 View Post
    ...the media ... do engage in agenda setting and selective coverage.
    This is literally their job. No one wants (or can use) unfiltered broadcasting of everything that happens, as evidenced by the popularity of C-SPAN compared to, well, anything else.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

This is literally their job. No one wants (or can use) unfiltered broadcasting of everything that happens, as evidenced by the popularity of C-SPAN compared to, well, anything else.
      So when a journalist applies for a job at CNN they ask him how good he is at pushing a left wing agenda?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
        So Sad !
        What is sad is that the media is asking for evidence of his accusation of them being fake news. It's their job to report fake news. So why are they asking for evidence of it? Fake news is reported everyday, probably every hour by CNN.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

What is sad is that the media is asking for evidence of his accusation of them being fake news. It's their job to report fake news. So why are they asking for evidence of it? Fake news is reported everyday, probably every hour by CNN.
          Nope, it is their job to report true news ... that is the problem that they have with Trump, i.e. that he wants them to report fake news
          (like his inauguration being the largest ever,
          or that he won the public vote,
          or that there were/are no connections between someone in his team and russia and that there never was any talk between said person and his russsian counterpart about lifting sanctions
          or that there was a bowlng green massacre and a massacre in sweden 2 fridays ago)

Unfortunately the media don't do as they are told ... Terrible!

They are as terrible as the intelligence officials ...
          Trump orders them to give him a report that support a travel ban of muslims (of the 7 countries)
          and what do they? They give him a report that states that a travel ban would archieve nothing

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7599126.html

#fakeIntelligence #failingDHS

Disgraceful!
          Last edited by Proteus_MST; February 26, 2017, 10:54.
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Nope, it is their job to report true neews ... that is the problem that they have with Trump, i.e. that he wants them to report fake news
            (like his inauguration being the largest ever,
            or that he won the public vote,
            or that there were/are no connections between someone in his team and russia and that there never was any talk between said person and his russsian counterpart about lifting sanctions
            or that there was a bowlng green massacre and a massacre in sweden 2 fridays ago)

Unfortunately the media doon't do as they are told ... terrible

They are as terrible as the intelligence officials ...
            Trump orders them to give him a report that support a travel ban of muslims (of the 7 countries)
            and what do they? They give him a report that states that a travel ban would archieve nothing

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7599126.html

#fakeIntelligence #failingHomelandSecurity
            The president has stretched the truth or whatever. Yeah we get that, and it has already been reported. But the fact is that the media has also done the same thing, but they don't report that. They prove themselves fake news by not reporting fake news. They even claim that there is no evidence of fake news.

This isn't about whether or not Trump said things that are not true. It is about whether or not his claim that the media is fake news is true or not, and it is true. Anyone who says it isn't is a liar.

Comment

The president has stretched the truth or whatever. Yeah we get that, and it has already been reported. But the fact is that the media has also done the same thing, but they don't report that. They prove themselves fake news by not reporting fake news. They even claim that there is no evidence of fake news.

This isn't about whether or not Trump said things that are not true. It is about whether or not his claim that the media is fake news is true or not, and it is true. Anyone who says it isn't is a liar.
              Then why doees Trump pick only a few media companies (and especially those who uncover his "alternative facts") as examples of "fake media" and doesn't also include media companies like "Breitbart" or "Fox News" despite they are not better (or even far worse, if we think of Breitbart) than the ones he picks?

Also why, if media is fake news, Trump uses it as his source of information (for example regarding the massacre in sweden 2 weeks ago), instead of the intelligence reports?
              Last edited by Proteus_MST; February 26, 2017, 11:17.
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

This is probably the greatest example of circular logic in history, well done idiot-boy.

Comment

Then why doees Trump pick only a few media companies (and especially those who uncover his "alternative facts") as examples of "fake media" and doesn't also include media companies like "Breitbart" or "Fox News" despite they are not better (or even far worse, if we think of Breitbart) than the ones he picks?
                  Again, not the issue. Excluding Breitbart, who covers him favorably, does not make his claim about those who are trying to bring him down false.

​​​​​​More to the point, Breitbart is regularly criticized for all kinds of things, usually falsely, and for the most part conservatives do not insist that attacking them is censorship, like you have similarly done.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post

This is probably the greatest example of circular logic in history, well done idiot-boy.

Comment

Again, not the issue. Excluding Breitbart, who covers him favorably, does not make his claim about those who are trying to bring him down false.

​​​​​​More to the point, Breitbart is regularly criticized for all kinds of things, usually falsely, and for the most part conservatives do not insist that attacking them is censorship, like you have similarly done.
                      Excluding certain media organizations in a non gagged white house press briefing is a form of censorship

I think this video is interesting, which shows us the differences between Trump and Obama in their behavior regarding the news media

Comment

Excluding certain media organizations in a non gagged white house press briefing is a form of censorship
                        False

Comment

False
                          By doing so he censors those medias abiities to ask the Prez questions
                          (sure, even if asked those questions, he can still decide to not answer them, but the Prez not answering certain questions also is something newssworthy )

As Obama said in the Press conference in the video I linked ... being sceptics and asking the president tough questions is the job of the press and it is interesting that Trump keeps especially those media out of his press briefings, who may do a very good job in these regards

Comment

Well, actually I can fully understand why he abhors reporters who are doing their job ... especially if I look at those articles, which illusttrate the enormous amount of lies/alternate facts/stretched truths the Trump administration already has produced (Trump must be walking around in really hot pants each day )

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b02a1e7dac3ca6

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph.../trump-claims/

Comment

Oh, I get it! Kid is doing an impersonation of Melissa McCarthy doing Sean Spicer! Good job.
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

By doing so he censors those medias abiities to ask the Prez questions
                                (sure, even if asked those questions, he can still decide to not answer them, but the Prez not answering certain questions also is something newssworthy )

As Obama said in the Press conference in the video I linked ... being sceptics and asking the president tough questions is the job of the press and it is interesting that Trump keeps especially those media out of his press briefings, who may do a very good job in these regards
                                Not banned for tough questions. Banned for stupid questions. Not censorship.

Comment

Working...
                                X