X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cure to Diabetes

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-...-diabetes.html

And apparently that aint all it'll stop

It makes sense... We evolved from critters that didn't always have an abundance of food and the ones who survived had genes that allowed for an increasing ability to cope with deprivation. But we feed ourselves all the time and these genes become dormant. WAKE THEM UP!

Apparently periodic fasting will do that... Whats the saying, use it or lose it?
    Could this be why fasting was so important to ancient peoples and their religions?

How long do you have to fast to get benefit?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Looking at poly these days we also need a cure for debates....
      Blah

Comment

We have been cured of all debates

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          the article said 4 days a week I think, probably less once the fasting genes kick in and the body starts functioning normally

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            Fast long enough and you don't have to worry about diabetes.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

well, there are degrees of fasting Some people probably live on a diet over-indulgers would consider a permanent fast

more news from the medical world

SCIENTISTS at the University of Huddersfield are the first to arrive at a deep understanding of a molecule that destroys cancerous tumours without harming healthy cell tissue.

Comment

I'm gonna try it, maybe not 4 days of fasting a week. But mini fasts... Go 18-24 hours with water and small bit of food. Have a normal days meals and fast again

Comment

The discussed fasts are 'fat' fasts.

800-1000 (for an adult) calories of mostly healthy fats.

I have read about them having all sorts of beneficial results, despite not being diabetic I am considering trying it.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

The side effects of intermittent fasting/keto diets appear to be that you will develop an insatiable urge to do shirtless YouTube videos where you try to sell gullible people absurdly overpriced powders and oils.

Comment

Here's an interesting one (with shirts!)

Comment

That makes me not want to try it. I had read or seen referenced a number of articles in Nature, Cell and similar scientific journals.

JM
                        (I don't really watch youtube outside of kids shows, british comedy shows and game playing.)
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I was just kidding. Virtually all diets end up with shirtless bros/girls in bikinis selling overpriced products on YouTube.

I am going to be trying intermittent fasting/keto once I get more fatty foods growing in the garden.

On a vegetarian diet I'm down 3-4 kg from Jan 1, and am able to work about twice as long out in the sun without getting as bad of headaches. But it really hasn't changed my fat stores much yet, and I still get blood sugar spikes (then crashes) after some meals.

Comment

fatty foods aggravate my acid reflux

Comment

Is that true for nuts, seeds, avocados, and other raw plant based fats ... or just for the oils and animal fats?

Comment

Working...
                              X