The last ten days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    I hear it all the time, just unlike you I don't piss my pants and discard my humanity because of it.
    You hear it all the time and you call people Islsmophobic. Reality.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post

You hear it all the time and you call people Islsmophobic. Reality.
      If people exaggerate the islamic terrorism problem (and display it as if every muslim is a likely terrorist ... instead of just a tiny percentage) then yes, obviously they are islamophobic.
      Germany hs how many muslims ... and how many of them have commited acts of terrorism?
      France has how many muslims ... and how many of them have commited acts of terrorism?
      USA has how many muslims ... and how many of them have commited acts of terrorism?

I am sure you won't even come to 1% ... even if you include those muslims who don't commit domestic acts of terrrorism, but rather go to Syria in order to kill for IS.

(look also at US christians and homophobia ... surely a larger percentage of US christians are homophobes, than the precentage of muslims that are terrorists ... nevertheless it would be rather not fitting, if one assumes per default that an US citizen, who confesses to being christian, automatically is a homophobe)

I am also sure that the percentage of legal gun owners in the USA, who use their guns to wound/kill other people is higher than the percentage of muslims who become terrorists. Nevertheless gun ownership is never seen as a problem by the conservative GOP electing crowd
      Last edited by Proteus_MST; January 29, 2017, 12:19. Reason: Added the passage about US christians and homophobia
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

If people exaggerate the islamic terrorism problem (and display it as if every muslim is a likely terrorist ... instead of just a tiny percentage) then yes, obviously they are islamophobic.
        Germany hs how many muslims ... and how many of them have commited acts of terrorism?
        France has how many muslims ... and how many of them have commited acts of terrorism?
        USA has how many muslims ... and how many of them have commited acts of terrorism?

I am sure you won't even come to 1% ... even if you include those muslims who don't commit domestic acts of terrrorism, but rather go to Syria in order to kill for IS.

(look also at US christians and homophobia ... surely a larger percentage of US christians are homophobes, than the precentage of muslims that are terrorists ... nevertheless it would be rather not fitting, if one assumes per default that an US citizen, who confesses to being christian, automatically is a homophobe)

I am also sure that the percentage of legal gun owners in the USA, who use their guns to wound/kill other people is higher than the percentage of muslims who become terrorists. Nevertheless gun ownership is never seen as a problem by the conservative GOP electing crowd
        People who believe in the 2nd Amendment aren't attacking America.
        Islamic terrorists are attacking America, and Islamists want to turn America into an Islamic state. Christians are persecuted by muslims all over the world. Muslims all over the world are chanting "death to America!"

For these reasons "Islamophobia" is just a nonsense word. People in the US are not afraid if being the victim of an attack. We don't want an attack to happen. It's that simple.

But none of that has anything to do with people's right to free speech and self preservation.
        ​​

Comment

• In other words, the chance that Aeson is going to be attacked by white nationalists is extremely small, but nobody says he has a phobia, although I think he has a less severe mental problem.

Comment

People who believe in the 2nd Amendment aren't attacking America.
            Islamic terrorists are attacking America, and Islamists want to turn America into an Islamic state. Christians are persecuted by muslims all over the world. Muslims all over the world are chanting "death to America!"

For these reasons "Islamophobia" is just a nonsense word. People in the US are not afraid if being the victim of an attack. We don't want an attack to happen. It's that simple.

But none of that has anything to do with people's right to free speech and self preservation.
            ​​
            If you want to convince us Islamaphobia isn't a real thing, the first step is to stop displaying such obvious Islamaphobia.
            Last edited by Aeson; January 29, 2017, 17:42.

Comment

In other words, the chance that Aeson is going to be attacked by white nationalists is extremely small, but nobody says he has a phobia, although I think he has a less severe mental problem.
              I support your and Nazi Spencer's rights to live in the US and speak your mind. I just am not going to pretend what you and Nazi Spencer say is right. My own right to express myself will be exercised.

When I start trying to wall you out of the country, or even display fear that you will hurt me out of proportion to the actual statistical likelihood... then you have an analogy. Since I have done neither, you're just displaying your own ignorance.

Comment

I support your and Nazi Spencer's rights to live in the US and speak your mind. I just am not going to pretend what you and Nazi Spencer say is right. My own right to express myself will be exercised.

When I start trying to wall you out of the country, or even display fear that you will hurt me out of proportion to the actual statistical likelihood... then you have an analogy. Since I have done neither, you're just displaying your own ignorance.
                Really? You object to not allowing nazis to immigrate to the US? I don't. I'm all for it. I'm 100% against Nazi immigration to my country. Why do you think we should allow them to come to our country?

And you comparing me to a Nazi is just so liberal. More of your reality. Oh and I thought that nazis and muslims were the only ones who referred to people as not human, but now days I've noticed liberals doing it an awful lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post

You see this as a problem?
                  I see it as a problem. Freedom of conscience is important in any democracy.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Really? You object to not allowing nazis to immigrate to the US? I don't. I'm all for it. I'm 100% against Nazi immigration to my country. Why do you think we should allow them to come to our country?

And you comparing me to a Nazi is just so liberal. More of your reality. Oh and I thought that nazis and muslims were the only ones who referred to people as not human, but now days I've noticed liberals doing it an awful lot.
                    What Nazis are trying to immigrate to the United States?

Comment

I'd rather let Nazis in than turn away those who's lives are in jeopardy. One of those detained at the airport was an interpreter who had risked their life for 10 years to help out our troops. We had promised them they could come here in exchange for his services. His paperwork was all in order. If sent back, he likely faces persecution or even death for helping us. And our Commander in Chief tries to keep him out. Disgraceful.

Trump wants to "Make America Hate Again". This is what he thinks is "Great": https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article...uleId=10005267

I mention Nazi Spencer since you apparently think so highly of him and since you brought up the "White Nationalists". I have no reason to think you are a specifically a Nazi, but you clearly are misogynist, xenophobic, and Islamaphobic with a dash of racism.

Comment

I'd rather let Nazis in than turn away those who's lives are in jeopardy. One of those detained at the airport was an interpreter who had risked their life for 10 years to help out our troops. We had promised them they could come here in exchange for his services. His paperwork was all in order. If sent back, he likely faces persecution or even death for helping us. And our Commander in Chief tries to keep him out. Disgraceful.

Trump wants to "Make America Hate Again". This is what he thinks is "Great": https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article...uleId=10005267

I mention Nazi Spencer since you apparently think so highly of him and since you brought up the "White Nationalists". I have no reason to think you are a specifically a Nazi, but you clearly are misogynist, xenophobic, and Islamaphobic with a dash of racism.
                        That's your "reality." Actually I think you are full of ****. You just as well call me a misogynist as you would say that I'm a Nazi or non-human. You have no business criticizing people for lying. You lie all the time. And it's not like you are lying about how many people we're at your party or something like that. Your lies are hateful and intended to make others lower than you so that other people will not see your faults.

Trump is making decisions for America. He's supposed to. That's his job. That's why we elected him. It's very reassuring after Obama.

Comment

• I have never said you are non-human. I said you discard your humanity. It's a very different thing.

As for "He's supposed to. That's his job." Obama also made decisions. Decisions can be right or wrong. Trump is making some horrible decisions. You like them because you're xenophobic and Islamaphobic, and his decisions are xenophobic and Islamaphobic ... so it's a natural fit.

Comment

I have never said you are non-human. I said you discard your humanity. It's a very different thing.
                            No it isn't. It's exactly the same thing. It's also the exact same thing as you calling me Nazi, racist etc...
                            As for "He's supposed to. That's his job." Obama also made decisions. Decisions can be right or wrong. Trump is making some horrible decisions. You like them because you're xenophobic and Islamaphobic, and his decisions are xenophobic and Islamaphobic ... so it's a natural fit.
                            You keep playing the same card that never works. You are only winning in your head. If you were right and I was wrong you wouldn't have to demonize me every conversation. You said I'm blah blah blah. Everyone already knows that you say that. You just lose everytime, but you don't change your behavior.

Trump is putting America first. Obama didn't. That's why you are fine with nazis and muslims immigrating to America, and I'm fine with Trump's policy.

Comment

No it isn't. It's exactly the same thing. It's also the exact same thing as you calling me Nazi, racist etc...
                              No. It is a very different thing to say someone is not a human. Nazis are humans, just ones with horrible ideas.

If you were right and I was wrong you wouldn't have to demonize me every conversation.
                              You brought it up when you lied and said I called you a Nazi. I explained what I have called you to clarify the situation.

If you don't want to be called misogynist, drop the misogyny. Same with xenophobe and Islamaphobe.

Trump is putting America first. Obama didn't. That's why you are fine with nazis and muslims immigrating to America, and I'm fine with Trump's policy.
                              I'm fine with you being here too.

Putting America first is a meaningless slogan. What he means is he's going to ignore the majority of Americans and implement an alt-right policy.

Comment

• Do nazis and muslims really belong in the same sentence?

Comment

Working...
                                X