So be it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
    The problem here is the democrats were trying to build a coalition and those working class whites you talk about hate brown people. So how would it possibly work? Yes. Most Trump supporters are racist and stupid. I would say about 90-95% of them.

Its natural base? How would that possibly work?
    Ridiculous bull****. If you think 59 million Americans are stupid extremist racists, then you may as well just give up now. It's exactly because you group everyone in that white working class group together as racists that they've started to stop giving a **** about you and your issues. Why would they when you call them deeply offensive names any time they bring up their problems? They don't owe you a goddamn thing, and if you think they do then you better get used to watching Republicans in the white house.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
      Ridiculous bull****. If you think 59 million Americans are stupid extremist racists, then you may as well just give up now. It's exactly because you group everyone in that white working class group together as racists that they've started to stop giving a **** about you and your issues. Why would they when you call them deeply offensive names any time they bring up their problems? They don't owe you a goddamn thing, and if you think they do then you better get used to watching Republicans in the white house.
      I don't give a **** about their issues. They will pay the price for their stupidity because of poorly informed choices. They will realize that very ****ing quickly. Most of them are racist and ignorant.

All we need is a better candidate. Hillary wasn't it.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Oh and I don't owe them a damn thing either.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I don't give a **** about their issues. They will pay the price for their stupidity because of poorly informed choices. They will realize that very ****ing quickly. Most of them are racist and ignorant.

All we need is a better candidate. Hillary wasn't it.
          Oh you mean exactly the same attitude that until last night had you so full of your own self-importance as you insisted Hillary couldn't possibly lose and everyone who said she could was a Trump supporter?

Sure, you go right ahead, I'm sure repeating the same thing will lead to a different outcome next time..

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
            Oh you mean exactly the same attitude that until last night had you so full of your own self-importance as you insisted Hillary couldn't possibly lose and everyone who said she could was a Trump supporter?

Sure, you go right ahead, I'm sure repeating the same thing will lead to a different outcome next time..
            All we need is a better more inspirational candidate who isn't tied down by multiple issues and baggage. It has been done before. And that certain man is more well liked than anyone else.

Maybe it is time for Michelle to give it a go in four years.

Comment

We failed in getting out our own base. The turnout was bad and try as he might Bernie wasn't able to get his supporters out for Hillary.

We needed to get out our own base and we failed to do that.

And when working class whites in those states realize how quickly Trump will sell them out... I wonder what they will think then.

Trump is a man who advanced himself with little consideration for others. And he is still facing a major court case and another investigation in New York regarding his foundation. Wow.

Comment

and that right there, in a nutshell, is why your side lost.

i'm on the left, the far-left in fact, and proud of it, but i am sick and tired of this imbecilic and poisonous racial discourse that at times apes the worst of the right's and does nothing to heal divisions but rather worsens them. many people have been saying, more or less openly, **** you white people and white men in particular, your time is over. well, unsurprisingly, white people and white men in particular didn't take kindly to that message, and, as we have seen, they still have a sting in their tales.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Oh and I don't owe them a damn thing either.
                  nor they you, and they have won. you should perhaps reflect on where these kinds of attitudes lead.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

You are the last person I want to discuss anything with. I hope you are happy!

Comment

i am. i'm delighted, in fact.

Comment

Anybody trying to get Giancarlo to reflect on his intellectual arrogance prior to today and how he should learn some humility in the face of his own ignorance should basically give up. He is the kind of guy who can go from absolute certainty in one set of beliefs to absolute certainty in an inconsistent set of beliefs without realizing that it is the absolute certainty which was most ridiculous.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

They thought they won. They will realize how quickly they have not after Trump sells them out.

By the way, Hillary won the popular vote. Probably most likely because of the state I live in.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                            Anybody trying to get Giancarlo to reflect on his intellectual arrogance prior to today and how he should learn some humility in the face of his own ignorance should basically give up. He is the kind of guy who can go from absolute certainty in one set of beliefs to absolute certainty in an inconsistent set of beliefs without realizing that it is the absolute certainty which was most ridiculous.
                            Run on sentences aren't your friend. Try to post something that won't give me a headache. I am not the person I was 14 years ago. Maybe people should learn that.

And how are my beliefs inconsistent?

Comment

Anyways, I overstayed my welcome. So I'm out of here.

Comment

Those that don't learn from history will continue to make the same mistakes.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X