No announcement yet.

Time to speed up my plans to leave the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forcing disclosure isn't free market. It's a regulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
      Both are transparency. Transparency is making things clear. While making it clear who was a Jew was part of a horrible atrocity ... making it clear which foods are grown which way is not. Making it clear which businesses have specific business practices is more towards the GMO example than the holocaust. Now if your country starts forcing foreigners to wear visible marking, then you're moving towards the other end of the spectrum.

More importantly, you don't defeat bigotry by hiding away from it, acting ashamed of something that isn't shameful. You stand up to it, stand up for what's right.
      You really piss me off with your idiotic pedantry. You do this **** constantly, stating inane little obvious points regardless of any deeper issues in play and then try and claim its the other person who is somehow morally bankrupt. No-one here needs a lesson on what the word 'transparent' means you condescending ****, and the only person muddying the moral waters here is you.

I've tried to restrain myself from insulting you since you took over here, purely because you did a good thing and I know how thankless a task running a forum can be, but that doesn't change the fact you really are an annoying ****.

Comment

You said it doesn't have anything to do with transparency. It does, as it is a type of transparency. I am glad you can now admit that you were wrong.

Comment

You know what else is a kind of transparency? Those plastic filmy things they used with old overhead projectors when I was in elementary school. What does that have to do with foreigner-shaming business regs in the UK? Nothing! So Ken is right and this has nothing to do with transparency. QED.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
            YNo-one here needs a lesson on what the word 'transparent'
            What if anybody did need such a lesson? Just in case .....

transparency
            tranˈspar(ə)nsi,trɑːn-,-ˈspɛː-/Submit
            noun
            the condition of being transparent.
            "the transparency of ice"
            synonyms: translucency, lucidity, pellucidity, limpidness, limpidity, glassiness, liquidity, clearness, clarity; More
            a positive transparent photograph printed on transparent plastic or glass, able to be viewed using a slide projector.
            "colour transparencies of the Grand Canyon"
            synonyms: slide, diapositive; More

Comment

We would also need the definition of transparent to make use of that.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

It's like this country is suffering from a collective insanity. The referendum was a major political gamble that was won with lies. There should have been a threshold to minimise the gamble, otherwise the status quo persists.

Problem is, the Conservatives get their most reasonable people together and go to the electorate with them - all reasonable and level-headed. However, steps such as the referendum and the current direction is being used to placate the foaming-mouthed right wing of the party. And we're heading in this unwanted direction (if the country were repolled now, now the first steps to brexit have been taken, I bet it would be a strong remain vote, especially as the f**king idiots who inhabit this island would rather make this stance in the interests of "sovereignty", whatever that even means.

It would be nice to have a vote of no confidence in the current government and call another general election, but alas there isn't even a decent, organised opposition.

So we're all f**ked, and for what benefit I cannot see. All for reclaiming "sovereignty" which I cannot see any benefit in returning to Westminster (in fact, I trust Brussels more than our parliament and incumbent government, I mean, seriously, look at them). And I would consider myself positively pro-European so I find the whole situation infuriating anyway...this is turning our backs on our friends in my opinion.

...I saw an interesting project in my area in Spain the other week, it was quite tempting.
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

there was a threshold, 50%+1, and it was passed. remain fought an extremely poor campaign, and instead of making an honest assessment about why they lost (and in fairness the poor campaign is only a small part of that), far too many remainers are simply bemoaning the fact that it was held at all, because the people voted the 'wrong' way.

also, i doubt very much that were there a second vote, remain would win, but that's irrelevant in any case.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                    Seriously, WTF is going on?

Businesses will be forced to reveal how many foreign staff they employ under Government plans to force companies to take on more British workers, the Home Secretary has said.

Amber Rudd vows to stop migrants 'taking jobs British people could do' and force companies to reveal number of foreigners they employ

Businesses will be forced to reveal how many foreign staff they employ under Government plans to force companies to take on more British workers, the Home Secretary has said.

Amber Rudd used her speech at the Conservative Party conference to warn that foreign workers should not be able to "take the jobs that British people should do".

She revealed that companies could be forced to publish the proportion of "international" staff on their books in a move which would effectively "name and shame" businesses which are failing to take on British workers.

etc etc. etc.

I fear pattycakes and girlstar are right and the UK is full of Nazis.
                    what do you do again?

are you a fancy pants bigwig?
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                    X