Why are the betting markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
    Clinton has pissed off too many people. Clinton will lose. And perhaps big.
    FTFY.
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Trump has argued for killing the families of terrorists. That is decidedly not an isolationist policy.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Trump is a bigger hawk than Hillary and has called on deploying forces to various locations of the world. It is naive to think otherwise. This is based off what he said. And at one point he was calling for the US to invade both Syria and Libya. He contradicts himself all the time.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
          FTFY.
          Don't change what I said. You look extremely immature.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            Trump has argued for killing the families of terrorists. That is decidedly not an isolationist policy.

Certainly something that can be taken against him, but again it is not the foreign policy.
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo View Post
              Trump is a bigger hawk than Hillary and has called on deploying forces to various locations of the world. It is naive to think otherwise. This is based off what he said. And at one point he was calling for the US to invade both Syria and Libya. He contradicts himself all the time.
              Check that link that I posted, you will never hear or see Hillary give such a reasonable assessment.

Trump is not a "devil" (or Oerdin) where everything he says or does is wrong.

Pick the points where he is shows poor judgement, according to your world-view, and challenge behind those (him threatening to kill families of terrorists is one such point for example). No need to claim that he is wrong "everywhere" as there are plenty of actual examples where you can find his stance detestable.
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
                Don't change what I said or I'll push you out of a helicopter.

You look extremely immature.
                I know you are but what am I.
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
                  Check that link that I posted, you will never hear or see Hillary give such a reasonable assessment.

Trump is not a "devil" (or Oerdin) where everything he says or does is wrong.

Pick the points where he is shows poor judgement, according to your world-view, and challenge behind those (him threatening to kill families of terrorists is one such point for example). No need to claim that he is wrong "everywhere" as there are plenty of actual examples where you can find his stance detestable.
                  But he is wrong everywhere and he called for the invasion of Syria and Libya at various times in the part. The man is a liar though and can't be believed. He switches his words like wind switches in California during Santa Ana season.

So pardon me for not believing his used car salesman bull****.

He is a vile detestable man. And I hope Michelle Obama contributes more... A few more speeches like that will send Trump tanking in the polls.

Comment

1 month before Brexit, Betfair had Remain at 78%.

Comment

There are many reasons why Trump should not be thought of a reasonable, but foreign policy is not one of them, it is the reason why I will be personally happy if he wins.
                      Except pulling out of NATO and leaving SK/Japan alone are not reasonable or peaceful foreign policy positions.

I might agree with you in regards to foreign policy otherwise.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Certainly something that can be taken against him, but again it is not the foreign policy.
                        He has repeatedly said that America needs to hit ISIS hard and fast. Seriously, his is not an isolationist policy. Yes, he doesn't want to get involved with nation-building. Instead he just wants to bomb anyone even remotely associated with terrorism or radical Islam and then just sit back and watch.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Good points, I had forgotten that. He takes so many positions it is hard to remember all of the ridiculous and/or scary ones.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                            He has repeatedly said that America needs to hit ISIS hard and fast. Seriously, his is not an isolationist policy. Yes, he doesn't want to get involved with nation-building. Instead he just wants to bomb anyone even remotely associated with terrorism or radical Islam and then just sit back and watch.
                            This is actually consistent with keeping Assad in power - the only reasonable option in Syria.

Hit ISIS hard with the Russians, put Assad back in the driving seat and start rebuilding Syria with the old/new dictator behind, looking for stability in the region.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                              Except pulling out of NATO and leaving SK/Japan alone are not reasonable or peaceful foreign policy positions.

I might agree with you in regards to foreign policy otherwise.

JM
                              NATO is basically obsolete, leaving SK alone is the only debatable one, but I do not think US will ever do it, even with Trump at help, not because of NK, but because of China.

Japan can also hold their own easily as #3 economy in the world.

Comment

Found one article on him flip-flopping, and as far as politicians go (not to mention Hillary), he is actually not flip-flopping much, this is basically blown up out of proportions, there are a lot of better reasons for attacking Trump than foreign policy, especially considering he is running against Hillary.

Comment

Working...
                                X