No announcement yet.

Which Religion's Slavers Were Better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are all deportations for illegal entry xenophobic or only mass deportations "now!" because they are stupidly difficult to filter based on legality of entry?

Comment

• Originally posted by Geronimo View Post
      All of the mass deportations presided over by the soviet union.
      lol
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

lol
        wow. you think it's comically obvious that Stalin's mass deportations were a result of Stalin's xenophobia or do you just find Stalin's mass deportations comically funny in general? I actually think they were entirely motivated by a desire to protect his power and control.

Comment

• Are you just doing this bit repeatedly?

"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• OMG. thank you for that!

Comment

• It feels weird for there to be honest, sincere discussion on Poly not involving foreign drunks or Canadian trolls. Damage is done, I've moved on, and I don't think the old crew are going to come back, but I applaud the effort. I didn't really care that BK was hateful; lots of people are hateful. If he'd been a sincere and honest hateful person, there would have been some hope of interesting and fruitful discussions of the reasons behind his beliefs. But he wasn't. So there weren't. It was just a tired treadmill of the same repetitive ****slinging OVER and OVER and it drowned out everything else. Civ5 played a role in the death of Poly, but we might have weathered through it if we'd had the discipline to permaban Ben and Kid and enforce some norms of forum discipline. Oh well.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• That's why I'm pushing for a Civ7 forum!

Comment

• I am tormented by the unwielding suspicion that the term "foreign drunk" brushes on me slightly.
                  If this is the case one has to be somewhat pleased at the exotric allure of the charactirization seeing as being a local drunk has something trite and banale about it.
                  So I embrace it for the novelty

having said that on topic the soviet union was xenophobic. it just masked it's xenophobia buy attributing racially (RACIALLY) capitalist attributes to foreign races in its territory.

Like the greeks for example. we were inherintely capilist apparently. (and had to be cleansed - in what is now ukraine) because we were greeks.

why?
                  because our core national "Body" (called Greece) was capitalist.

Comment

• never mind that there was a civil war that a huge percentage (certaintly the majority) was communist that britain was excausted and run its tails behind its legs trying to keep us in the capiliast block, something which the US "succeeded" at through turning a blind eye and financing torture murder prison camps that had inly gas to envy from auswitch and huge and huge amounts of money given.

Comment

• which were still propably only a fraction to what we were FORCED to write off towards germany and its war reparations that was obliged to give us but didn't

Turkey was smart. Never paritcipated in the war and got all that money from the US for free. Still it is a backwater islamic 3rd world wasteland though so enjoy

Comment

• much love to turkey and there is a solution to the cyprus problem it is called reconquista. last time we were forced not to fight and you were gioven free reign

although cypriotes are so rich (laundering russian money) we (greeks) probably care more to liberate their country than them because we are held back with things like ideals.

but it's their decision

Comment

• Interesting short clip.

World renowned economist, author, and social commentator Thomas Sowell explains why reparations is a ridiculous concept.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• It's true that slaves captured in battle or forced into indentured servitude from debt were common/universal throughout history. It's even true that chattel slavery was not unique to America, although it's not the most common form of slavery historically. But there are a few distinctions that are worth remarking upon:

(1) An entire ideology was built around justifying why Africans specifically were inferior to Europeans and should be enslaved. Slavery was not traditionally a crime perpetrated upon a race of people (in part because race as a concept hadn't really been formally constructed...), although it was often common to treat slaves from other places worse than homegrown slaves.

(2) An entire industry was built around shipping slaves across the Atlantic on a scale not seen before (you're gonna object with "but we were buying the slaves from the blacks!!" and "but the muslims did more african slave trading than we did!!" to which I'm going to reply with (a) sure, fine, go tell native Africans to give African-Americans reparations because I'm sure they're doing just great as a result and nothing bad was ever done to them, and (b) the numbers traded by Muslims are (i) extremely imprecise estimates and (ii) over the span of like a thousand years as opposed to the couple centuries of Atlantic triangular trade).

(3) Europeans were developing the Enlightenment at the time about how all men were created equal bla bla bla and absolutely had the opportunity to say "wait we actually know better this is clearly wrong" but didn't bother to until they were so stinking rich from buying and selling people as property that no amount of reparations could ever balance the sheets.

(4) "But they started it/they're doing it too!" is a child's excuse for bad behavior and doesn't magically negate the need to right a wrong.

And if we absolutely must make our point by posting videos of nice friendly blacks who agree with us, try this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/thewestwing...etween_deputy/

Comment

• 1) Muslims absolutely had a chattel slavery system specifically for blacks and even had laws that black males had to be castrated to prevent them from polluting the Arab world with their slave genes.

2) Arabs also created an entire industry around African slavery both crossing the Sahara and later in the Indian ocean using ships. Those slaves were sold all over the mideast, Persia, India, and even Southeast Asia. The Muslims African slave trade was 25 times larger in shear numbers compared to the Atlantic slave trade.

3) What made Europe unique is they were the only ones to end the slave trade not just in their own empires but world wide. Forcing other countries/cultures/civilizations to end the slave trade against their will.

4) You literally are projecting what you are doing on to other people.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Dinner, did you get that the title of this thread is meant to be sarcastic? It was created as a quarantine to prevent a stupid and tired argument from overwhelming a different argument a non-BK person actually wanted to have. The joke is that, once you've gotten to the point of arguing whose slavers were less awful, it's safe to say you've gotten into pretty lame territory. Especially when it's slavery that ended a very long time ago. Arguing about slavery as it exists today, or racism as it exists today, here or in the Muslim world, might have a point.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X