Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kansas Senate Leader Bans Women from Wearing “Low-Cut Necklines and Mini-Skirts” at Hearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, you made me look it up. Not as interesting as I thought it might be but worth a laugh.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, Christianity infiltrated everything to the point where "Christian" meant "clean, decent, civilized, safe, and not involving swarthy persons dancing around a bonfire." I think we use "scientific" in much the same way today, e.g. "scientific business management techniques." Even if the object of the adjective has ****-all to do with science, the mere use of the word gives one a warm feeling of intelligence and reputability.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Well heck, not that long ago, in the 50"s over 90% of all Americans identified themselves as Christians. While that has slipped it's still around 75% (gallup)

And before anyone says that the 50's was ancient time, I was born in that decade.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well I don't know about that

I think there was (and is) a symbiotic relation between certain brands of christianity and racism.

Wasn't a black man supposed to be "burned by the devil" and was thus unclean with sin etc etc

I just find it amazingly freakish (and somewhat funny) how an osmosis of that sort came about. It's thoroughly unnatural (and unchristian)

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post

I think there was (and is) a symbiotic relation between certain brands of christianity and racism.

Wasn't a black man supposed to be "burned by the devil" and was thus unclean with sin etc etc

I just find it amazingly freakish (and somewhat funny) how an osmosis of that sort came about. It's thoroughly unnatural (and unchristian)
            AFAIK usually christian fundamentalists identify the blacks with the tribe that was founded by Ham, one of Noahs sons.

And justified slavery of black people with the curse placed upon Ham by Noah (after he saw his father nude, sleeping off his drunkeness).
            A curse which said that Ham and all of his offspring will be nothing more than servants of servants
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Back in the 50's and early 60's I'd be willing to bet that almost every member in the KKK identified himself as Christian.
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                AFAIK usually christian fundamentalists identify the blacks with the tribe that was founded by Ham, one of Noahs sons.

And justified slavery of black people with the curse placed upon Ham by Noah (after he saw his father nude, sleeping off his drunkeness).
                A curse which said that Ham and all of his offspring will be nothing more than servants of servants
                I thought he did more than see. It's the biblical sense of the word after all.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post

More propaganda you learned in school.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post

There's probably more churches that are racist against white people and Jewish people. I bet you can't find 5 churches that preach hatred against black people.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                    X