Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I opened the Koran for the first time and the first verse I read was...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"For Christians the divine Word became incarnate in the person of Jesus whereas, for Islam, the Word became "inlibrate"; it entered the world as a Book or, to be more precise, as a Recitation recorded in a script which some have compared with the physical body of Jesus...."

What does that mean dumbass?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

it means that muslims believe god revealed the quran, or rather the series of revelations that were later compiled as the quran, to his prophet mohammed.

i suppose considering all the false and nonsensical things you've claimed about the bible, which you've clearly never bothered to read and understand, it's no surprise that should you do the same with the quran.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
        it means that muslims believe god revealed the quran, or rather the series of revelations that were later compiled as the quran, to his prophet mohammed.

i suppose considering all the false and nonsensical things you've claimed about the bible, which you've clearly never bothered to read and understand, it's no surprise that should you do the same with the quran.
        Dang, you're dumb. You just described what Christians believe about the Bible, that it is a revelation from God. The Muslims believe different. That's what that whole passage is about.

Comment

you really have no idea what you're talking about. perhaps you should ask an actual muslim who, after he stops laughing at you, will confirm what i said as being true.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

or, because you're both stupid and lazy, you could try reading the wiki article; it even has some pictures.

The Quran (/kɔrˈɑːn/[n 1] kor-ahn; Arabic: القرآن‎ al-qurʼān,[n 2] literally meaning "the recitation"; also romanized Qur'an or Koran) is the central religious text of Islam, which Muslims believe to be a revelation from God (Arabic: الله‎, Allah).
            Last edited by C0ckney; January 4, 2016, 05:44.

Comment

I just quoted you something out of a Koran, something that you can't comprehend.
              Last edited by Kidlicious; January 4, 2016, 00:11.

Comment

You need to read the first chapter or the Gospel according to John in the Bible, possibly to understand what is being said about the Koran.

But it won't matter to you. You make up your own story as you go. You never speak truthfully on this site. Never.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  No he wasn't.
                  Yes, he's the one who brought up the appeal to authority, that since you've been married I should defer to you on the issue.

You can't accuse someone of a logical fallacy when you were the first one to do so.
                  Add timelines to the list of things Kid doesn't agree with reality on.

You don't have a commitment.
                  I do. Apparently a stronger one than your's was.

You don't have kids.
                  We have one who lives with us, and 4 who we are sending nto college currently. Net and I have supported not just her siblings, but to a lesser extent extended relatives or even neighbors.

You have never had any tough times.
                  Net and I probably faced more external difficulties than you and your wife did. Certainly more than most We lived on $400/mo for the first 5 years, living with her family so we could afford to do necessary things like pay for 3 surgeries, education for the kids, and variouus other things (donations, no interest loans, and employment opportunities for others). All while influential poeple in the family attacked my reputation, her reputation, and tried to break us up for not blindly following their plan for us.

But we didn't attack each other, we stuck together, supporting each other, and our relationship grew stronger because of it.

Stick to your casual affair bud.
                  My "casual affair" that will last the rest of our lives ... certainly longer than any relationship you will ever have.

Ok. Well I wasn't trying to tell you how to have a marriage.
                  Which makes Ben's fallacy all the more moronic.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                    Net and I probably faced more external difficulties than you and your wife did. Certainly more than most We lived on $400/mo for the first 5 years, living with her family so we could afford to do necessary things like pay for 3 surgeries, education for the kids, and variouus other things (donations, no interest loans, and employment opportunities for others). All while influential poeple in the family attacked my reputation, her reputation, and tried to break us up for not blindly following their plan for us.
                    Well no that's nothing. You don't know me. You don't know why I got a divorce. You don't know ****. This is a logical fallacy, plain and simple. It's a personal attack. And you accuse BK of using a logical fallacy? Pitiful man.

Comment

Your character is really bad. Net is probably awesome. Unfortunately it only takes one person to ruin a marriage. Oops, you aren't married. I mean your .... whatever it is.

Comment

Religion is poison.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

So you're saying that he doesn't know what 'holy' means? Really? Try again. This time sit and think for 10 minutes before you type.
                          Maybe he doesn't think anyone is stupid enough to believe that using referring to a book as "The Holy X" implies belief that the book is actually holy.

Comment

Is it OK to refer to a book as "holy" if it actually does have holes in it?

And is Swiss Cheese holy?

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                              Is it OK to refer to a book as "holy" if it actually does have holes in it?

And is Swiss Cheese holy?
                              Swiss cheese may be holy, but it's also holey.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Well no that's nothing. You don't know me. You don't know why I got a divorce. You don't know ****.
                                I know that you got a divorce. I also can see the misogynist crap you post all the time.

So Ben's claim I should defer to you on this subject matter is moronic.

Comment

Working...
                                X