No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL 2016 APOLYTON CELEBRITY DEAD POOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Imus was the controversial radio “shock jock” who hosted the popular longtime radio show “Imus in the Morning.” He was known for his outspoken on-air personality and his program sometimes offended listeners as he was accused of saying racist and homophobic comments. Imus debuted his show in 1971 on WNBC in New York City. He inspired others including Howard Stern, who later hosted his own show on WNBC. Imus and his wife Deirdre founded the Imus Ranch in 1999, a summer camp for children with cancer. He retired from broadcasting in 2018 after a nearly 50-year career.

Died: Friday, December 27, 2019.

Details of death: Died at the age of 79.

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Neil Peart, drummer for Rush died at 67 after a 3 year ordeal with brain cancer

Probably my favorite musician of all time, although Geddy Lee, Roger Waters and David Gilmour are in the running too

Comment

• RIP Neil. Truly one of the greats.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Monty Python's Terry Jones, RIP.
          Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
            Uncle Sparky commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr. Creosote finally died.

• pchang
            pchang commented
            Editing a comment
            He’s eaten his last dinner mint.

• Good Bye, Mother of Brian
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• PBS journalist Jim Lehrer is dead. Journalism is barely alive.
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• eff I'm getting old

Comment

• SONNY GROSSO AND PARTNER EDDIE EGAN TOOK DOWN A MAJOR HEROIN TRAFFICKING RING

Sonny Grosso was a New York City detective whose take down of a major heroin trafficking ring was the basis for the acclaimed 1971 film “The French Connection.” In 1961, Grosso and other detectives broke up the heroin ring in 1961 and seized a record amount of the drug at the time. Grosso and Egan were technical advisors on the movie, which featured Roy Schneider and Gene Hackman playing characters based on them, and had small roles as well. Grosso retired from the NYPD in 1976 and became a producer on shows including “Kojak.”

We invite you to share condolences for Sonny Grosso in our Guest Book.

Died: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 (Who else died on January 22?)

Details of death: Died at the age of 88.
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Jan. 26, 2020. Kobe Bryant, age 41. Helicopter crash.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• KIRK. DOUGLAS.

dude and I share the same hometown, and let me tell you: people who have never met him from here are already being insufferable about it.
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

wow

Comment

• Originally posted by self biased View Post
                      KIRK. DOUGLAS.
                      RIP

Blah

Comment

• Yeah, RIP. Hard to feel too bad since he made it to 103.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I AM SPARTACUS

R.I.P.

Comment

• Wild Wild West Robert Conrad died at 84. I was a big fan of the show.

Orson Bean died, he was hit by 2 cars in Los Angeles. The 1st one clipped him, the 2nd killed him.

Comment

Working...
                            X