OFFICIAL 2016 APOLYTON CELEBRITY DEAD POOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frasier's dad.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Very sad news. A Chicago icon.

I was shocked to learn that he was actually British by birth.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Marty Allen, the baby-faced, bug-eyed comedian with wild black hair who was a staple of TV variety shows, game shows and talk shows for decades, died Monday night. He was 95.

Marty Allen is dead.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Wankers.

I would have thought Gord Downie would have at least got a mention.

Standards have fallen.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              I think I'm the only Canuk left here, and I'm one of the eleven Canadians who didn't/ doesn't really care for The Tragically Hip.

• Broken_Erika
              Broken_Erika commented
              Editing a comment
              Seriously? No one mentioned it?
              And i'm not one of those eleven so and

• Wezil
              Wezil commented
              Editing a comment
              Apparently only celebs we like are mentioned now.

See my above comment on standards.

• Billy Graham, age 99
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• He was a good man.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I didn't like him.

Delete the post please.

j/k
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                  Uncle Sparky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did you come back to post a Gord Downie obit? Nope. Wanker.

• Wezil
                  Wezil commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Quite frankly I'm not sure you are deserving.

• For being a sleazy evangelist, I guess he was one of the least objectionable ones.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Nice left-handed compliment.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• That's a pretty low bar Rah.

Anti-semetic, homophobic, evangelical TV preacher/huckster.

Sure sounds like a great guy.

Comment

• David Ogden Stiers, aka Major Winchester - dead at 75
                      Roger Bannister - dead at 88
                      David’e Astori, Italian footballer - dead at 31
                      Last edited by pchang; March 4, 2018, 15:48.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                        That's a pretty low bar Rah.

Anti-semetic, homophobic, evangelical TV preacher/huckster.

Sure sounds like a great guy.
                        Also integrated his evangelism when that was almost unheard of, and supported King (for a time, he did lose his backbone at a point and so was not as supportive as many other Christian leaders).

Later in life was almost universalist, so pretty liberal there.

“I used to believe that pagans in far-off countries were lost — were going to hell — if they did not have the Gospel of Jesus Christ preached to them. I no longer believe that. … I believe that there are other ways of recognizing the existence of God—through nature, for instance—and plenty of other opportunities, therefore, of saying ‘yes’ to God.” https://hewhohasearslethimhear.wordp...ame-of-christ/

As far as homophobic goes, pretty much everyone before 1990 was homophobic by todays standards. I haven't seen anything, despite the complaints by my LBGT brothers/sisters, that he in any way stood out.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• So pretty ordinary then?

You didn't address the "TV preacher/huckster" bit....

I wonder how many old ladies he charmed out of their life savings...?

Comment

• I think "everyone else was doing it that way" is a pretty poor defence for a man of god.

Comment

Working...
                          X