Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Doris Day, 97.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
      Uncle Sparky commented
      Editing a comment

An excellent actress and great person.

• Tim Conway has died. He was 85.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• I. M. Pei, the famed architect, has died. He was 102.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Ashley Massaro 39... She was one of the wrestling divas

Comment

• Herman Wouk, Perennially Best-Selling Author, Dies at 103

Herman Wouk in an undated photo. His taut shipboard drama “The Caine Mutiny” lifted him to the top of the best-seller lists, where he remained for most of a career that extended past his 100th year.CreditCarl Mydans/The LIFE Picture Collection, via Getty Images

Author of WINDS OF WAR, WAR AND REMEMBRANCE and more. Rest in Peace, and thank you for your WWII service. Condolences to his family.https://www.nytimes.com/…/…/obituaries/herman-wouk-dead.html A favorite pull-out from his obit: "Mr. Wouk enlisted in the Navy immediately after Pearl Harbor, entered midshipman’s school and was posted as a radio officer to the U.S.S. Zane, a destroyer-minesweeper operating in the South Pacific.

He told an interviewer for The New York Post in 1956 that his time in the Navy had been the greatest experience of his life. “I had known two worlds, the wiseguys of Broadway and the wiseguys of Columbia — two small worlds that sometimes take themselves for the whole world,” he said. “In the Navy I found out more than I ever had about people and about the United States.”
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• RIP Grumpy Cat

Hers was the feline face that launched a thousand memes, but Grumpy Cat is no more.
            Blah

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
              Uncle Sparky commented
              Editing a comment
              No more Tarter Sauce.

• Leon Redbone is dead. For real this time.
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• RIP friendship tree

Blah

Comment

• Franco Zeffirelli, director and my long time Deadpool pick, is dead.
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• RIP Gloria Vanderbilt, 95 - probably best known today as Anderson Cooper's mom.
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Willy Wonka is dead.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• pchang
                      pchang commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What?? Gene Wilder died in 2016.

• Uncle Sparky
                      Uncle Sparky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well… he is still dead.

• Tip Torn is dead.

Comment

• Once in a lifetime opportunity to say: RIP, Rip.

Comment

• Bruce Yardley died at 71 - https://www.stumped.app/

Comment

• Rutger Hauer, RIP.
                          Blah

Comment

• pchang
                            pchang commented
                            Editing a comment
                            He made it to 75, a new record for a replicant.
                        Working...
                        X