• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok View Post
    No, autistic spectrum.
    I could guess as much.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      It's been my experience that relationships end in exclamation points.
      So a period and a bar?
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
        Does not compute..
        yeah, i see what you're saying, but there is a key difference. with elite dangerous one needs to set aside a certain amount of continuous time to do any interesting missions or complete goals; with dwarf fortess and caveman2cosmos, etc., however, one can play and just pause if something interrupts and then come back to it later.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Also, in DF you can give your dwarves a bunch of orders so they all are busy (like large production orders and/or an extensive expansion of your fortress (with digging and wall building etc.)) and then put your attention elsewhere for some time, while your dwarfs are busy working on your orders.
          Thanks to "Pause on Events" you won't miss the time when anything important (like strange moods, thieves, goblins or trade caravans) happens
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
            It always sounded like more of a hellish timesuck than anything actually fun to me, which is odd since usually I'm all about the "gardening" aspect of Civ. Also ironic, since I feel fairly confident that at least one of the programmers is on the spectrum.
            There's only one programmer.
            Graffiti in a public toilet
            Do not require skill or wit
            Among the **** we all are poets
            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Thus guaranteeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                Also..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]178761[/ATTACH]
                how about all lowercase and Italics?,
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                  how about all lowercase and Italics?,
                  And then you went and ruined it by putting a capital in Italics.

Comment

Stupid cell phone, I thought I got them all!

Comment

Cat-Alcoholism
                      In December 2015, Dwarf Fortress players started discovering dead cats. An update had just gone live and clearly there …
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Didn't watch the video, read the comments, also wondering why they don't have text.

Signed,

Paying For Bandwidth By The Gigabyte

Comment

I was also reluctant to watch the video (also more a reading than vid watching peson), but finally did (good they have subtitles)

Short summary:
                          After an update of DF in various players fortresses all cats were found dead, all of them covered in vomit
                          Toady could rule out all other causes that would result in a death with omiting included and came to the conclusion that it was alcohol poisoning.
                          Which is strange as cats don't like Alcohol and wouldn't voluntarily drink it.

Finally they reconstructed how it happened:
                          When dwarves drink Mead/Beer in a tavern and get called to a job, they drop their mugs and a puddle of alcohol remains on the floor.
                          Other dwarves step in it and spread the alcohol all over the place ... finally cats also step in those puddles and get their body covered in alcohol.
                          Cats will clean themselves when they are dirty, but by doing so when covered with Alcohol, they will ingest some of the Alcohol they are cleaning away.
                          So, when staying around a dwarven tavern, they will ingest several mugs worth of alcohol in a short time ... not a big problem for a dwarf .... but deadly for a cat
                          Last edited by Proteus_MST; June 18, 2017, 04:14.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X