Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's new? Horsie home, oldest son knocks it out of the park with international news web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's new? Horsie home, oldest son knocks it out of the park with international news web site

Hello folks,

Main developments are I am home for good from my latest hellhole and my son has built a web site on international relations with his uni friends which is going really well.

Check it out:

He was showing me around the site last night but I didn't have my reading glasses, which said it all really...I had ambitions to do something like this when I retired but he just went out and did it

The site has been up for only four months but already quoted on the BBC (about the downed Russian fighter) and criticised by North Korea, both promising signs.

The next thing they are doing is video streaming to break issues down for young people. It's aimed at uni students.

I'm quite proud of him, cool huh? His clever arty GF did the graphics - the logo is Atlas holding up the world.

And at last - a mod in the family...
    Last edited by Alexander's Horse; November 29, 2015, 19:16.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
    And at last - a mod in the family...
    This deserves a celebration!

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Yes, this is the main thing I'm proud of
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Nice work there, I'm reading the article on Gunboat Diplomacy.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

cool site

Comment

Horsie

Comment

See, aren't you didn't feed him to the dingoes?
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Hmm, the head lines read like The Economist.
                Last edited by Dinner; November 30, 2015, 12:43.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Pop's influence there Oerdin. The Economist is the current gold standard for short articles on international affairs. Old Horsie got him a subscription as soon as he got to uni
                  Last edited by Alexander's Horse; November 30, 2015, 08:40.

Comment

My niece is doing awesome with her subtraction homework
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Congrats and welcome home, Horse!
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

From the site-

"Just over two weeks since the terror attacks of November 13, the city of Paris will play host to a new kind of emotion; as world leaders converge on the city of light, hope will replace the fear on the streets both in France and around the world."

What actually happened-

The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

They're French. They display hope in enigmatic ways.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

The fact that they wore masks and glasses showed they had hope it would keep the pepper spray out of their eyes ...

Comment

I see a market for portable high power fans..........
                              Last edited by pchang; December 1, 2015, 13:18.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                              X