No announcement yet.

Portugal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a good result for the people of portugal, though of course the survival of the traditional centre-left party as the main force doesn't bode well for real change (though of course replacing the main centre-left party in greece wasn't exactly a great success, expect for the party that replaced them). hopefully, they'll be able to chart a more humane course and stop some of the worst excesses of recent years.

the situation in spain is very interesting with two new parties that will gain around 35% of the vote between them. it's likely to the PP will get the largest number of votes but one wonders how they will be able to form a government. the most interesting thing is that, depending on how events in catalonia play out, there may not even be a spain for much longer.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I like to see critisism and I welcome it about syriza (although don't forget, it's a vehicle. people are not confined to that as tomorrow's strike shows )

Comment

oh, the game tsipras has played, replacing the main centre-left party and then kicking out the far-left of his own party while retaining popular support is nothing short of incredible, and for that he deserves plaudits. but, there's no denying that the deal he made sold greece down the river and that the crisis will rumble on; beyond coping with that, i doubt much can be expected from syriza as they settle into their role as main centre-left party.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I can't say I disagree.
          I'll just add something that I heard (don't even remember if it was from inside or outside greece) that in the Eu, as it stands now, anything left from a social democracy "is not permitted") which means one has to leave it, to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
            I would fart more, but I simply can't
            If you eat more beans, you can fart more.

Cause ---> Effect.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

He has always had problems with cause and effect.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

upppppppppppppppppppppp phụ chủ thớt

Comment

Did you really need a flemish false chocolate bean to give you the edge with that cause and effect crap oerdino?

Did ya kansas? eh?

Well here's a cause and effect then:

cause: you are stoopid
                  effect: you talk out of your arse

Comment

Originally posted by hainam134567d1 View Post
                    upppppppppppppppppppppp phụ chủ thớt
                    I'm able to excite even vietnamese AI bots.
                    I will survive the apocalypse

Comment

I'm able to excite even vietnamese AI bots.
                      I will survive the apocalypse
                      I don't believe that you quite have the whole cause/effect thing down yet.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                        about as valuable as your normal contribution.
                        I stand by my statement... you are the opposite side of the Ben coin... i.e. useless, worthless and only deserving of scorn.
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                          I don't believe that you quite have the whole cause/effect thing down yet.
                          Say that again when all the droids will be dancing to my tunes

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                            I stand by my statement... you are the opposite side of the Ben coin... i.e. useless, worthless and only deserving of scorn.
                            yes, i've no doubt you're very upset about me calling you out on your nonsense in the greek thread, but why not try to contribute something rather than displaying your butthurt for all to see.

Comment

Working...
                            X