Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assess your job from the perspective of a retired coal miner and a smug unemployed layabout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for day to day driving around town, i'd be content with a .50 cal
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
      We bow to your superiority, Sava.
      your attitude seems appropriate for your profession

but i got **** to do, people to see, money to make

GTFO of the road if you are not me

that is my maxim for driving
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well, my current job involves sitting in the DCF (welfare) office, helping people cope with the DCF's terrible, terrible application software, which appears to have been programmed by a community college dropout playing air guitar on his keyboard. Mostly I apologize a lot for the programmer's incompetence and explain ways to work around the program's more idiosyncratic features. The latter can be quite convoluted and were worked out by trial and error, as I received no training. I've got one week left on my two weeks' notice.

Coal miner would loathe me for enabling filthy, filthy welfare mooches. Layabout might approve, but I know that's only a codeword for Sava and in his current mood he'd act pissy if I cured cancer. So eh.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
          but i got **** to do, people to see, money to make

GTFO of the road if you are not me

that is my maxim for driving
          Ah, so you're an ******* driver.
          Last edited by Lorizael; October 7, 2015, 23:28.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

i suspect the coal miner would look down on what i do as it doesn't produce anything you can touch, although occasionally it is put into physical form.

the layabout may think something or other but lack the ability to express it, and even if he could it would just come out as an entitled whine.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              Well, my current job involves sitting in the DCF (welfare) office, helping people cope with the DCF's terrible, terrible application software, which appears to have been programmed by a community college dropout playing air guitar on his keyboard. Mostly I apologize a lot for the programmer's incompetence and explain ways to work around the program's more idiosyncratic features. The latter can be quite convoluted and were worked out by trial and error, as I received no training. I've got one week left on my two weeks' notice.

Coal miner would loathe me for enabling filthy, filthy welfare mooches. Layabout might approve, but I know that's only a codeword for Sava and in his current mood he'd act pissy if I cured cancer. So eh.
              because you'd do some evil bull**** like deny the cure to transgendered people

or at the very least, require that they be summarily mocked and ridiculed

and if not them, whatever class or group of people you thought was socially acceptable to attack

****ing sick ass pathetic bigot
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

you are a rotten person, elok
                rotten at the core
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

And when I stole Christmas, I took the Roast Beast.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

While I am a sysadmin, as a matter of practice only 10% of my job is technical and only a small fraction of that involves taking things apart and putting them back together. The remainder of my job is negotiating with salesmen, writing memos, calculating costs, and documentation. However, my company's main line of business is actuarial consulting for Taft-Hartley (i.e. union-run) pension plans, which I suspect the coal miner would greatly appreciate. 5/10.

Layabout: I think we all know the answer to this one. 0/10.

Comment

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                      which I suspect the coal miner would greatly appreciate. 5/10.
                      probably less so because you are stupid and have ****ty morals

the miners might want their pension to be there when they need it

and not robbed blind
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                      X