No announcement yet.

Getting a better job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
      I cry when I think of lower tear schools but at least the one I went to taught me to spell it tier.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• I appreciate you, N62t3r.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Greek workers have staged their first general strike against austerity since January when Alexis Tsipras' Syriza government was elected.

Stuff like this is why other countries have their economy bounce back but Greece just languishes. Rather than doing anything productive Greek rioters make Molitor cocktails and set stuff in their own neighborhoods on fire. To compare, I was in Thailand in 1998 when they had a huge economic crash but rather than rioting or sitting around complaining even young Thais with very little money spent their time trying to improve their lot. They tried to improve efficiency and output on the family farm, they sold stuff from street corners, they designed & made handicrafts to sell to tourists. They especially tried hard to make sure tourists felt welcome so they would have good things to say about the country when they went back home hoping that would lead to an increase in tourism. Anything to help improve the situation while the government cut taxes, cut red tape, signed new trade deals to open new opportunities, and it was hard but they balanced the budget as well as passed a new forced savings program to increase the supply of capital in the country.

It was a long hard slog but it worked. Compare that to Greece where people don't seem to do much of anything to improve their own situation or that of the country. Do images of riots and burning buildings encourage tourism? Why is the government blocking the construction of new hotels when people are out of work? That is just special interests trying to block competition which never improves an economy. Hell, Greeks still haven't deregulated much and have privitized less; both things would help the economy and provide much needed additional revenue. The Greeks are their own worst enemies and they are too blind to see it.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• not content with posting another silly rant, you post your silly in the wrong thread.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Everything is about connections. You know the right people, you get the sexcam job!
                Try to meet "those" people and contact them, but also you should aim not to appear like a stalker lol
                Last edited by Majland; September 20, 2017, 15:50.

Comment

• How is this one?

Anon Resume 20151116.pdf
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Aren't you afraid you've put your name out there again?
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I think that file is clean of any name. I didn't see the original file so not sure how it was stored though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        How is this one?

[ATTACH]177987[/ATTACH]
                        Are you applying for the marines ?
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                          MBAs should be paid for, like PhDs.

JM
                          Yes, paid for by revenue from a progressive income and wealth taxation system
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                          X