Because Hollywood sucks, that's why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because Hollywood sucks, that's why

Just re-read Snow Crash, decided to get on the Wiki page for it to see if I could link-hop to some sources for the crazy Sumerian stuff. Stumbled across this:

In June 2012, it was announced that English director Joe Cornish, following the debut of the 2011 film Attack the Block, had been signed as director of a future film adaptation for Paramount Studios.[23] Stephenson has described Cornish's script as "amazing", but also warned that there is no guarantee the film will ever be made.
    If you've ever seen Attack the Block, you know that this is about as good a fit for a Snow Crash movie as we could realistically hope for. But no. Apparently no word of this thing since 2013. Meanwhile, Adam Sandler is still making movies.

Dammit.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Let's crowd-fund the ****er! I've got my $1.27, who else is with me?
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Is that just a random number, or did you deliberately pick a number that's one less than 128 for the whole hackers-have-binary-soaked-brains gag? If the latter, that's pretty cool.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I may have unintentionally picked it for that reason, since I was programming two minutes before making that post. So I'm claiming 20% of the credit.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
          Let's crowd-fund the ****er! I've got my $1.27, who else is with me?
          Sadly, once studios own the rights to a book adaptation they rarely let go or sell those rights even if they have no intention of making a movie.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Shall I continue with my 'America is full of idiots' assertion?

I've barely seen any Hollywood movies this year, as I'm invariably disappointed: it's just the same formulaic bull****, vomited ad nauseam...

Ant Man was good, but that's it this year so far.
            "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

JURASSIC WORLD RAGHRGHRRGHGRHHGR!!!!

Huge plot holes, BUT BIGGER DINOSAURS!*

*subject to debate
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Hmm, not exactly supporting your assertion that we're the idiots.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                  BUT BIGGER DINOSAURS!*
                  I must admit, I wasn't sure if they were deliberately parodying themselves.

This movie was a case in point.
                  "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                    Hmm, not exactly supporting your assertion that we're the idiots.
                    Well, it was far better than your average Marvel movie.

Also, I've only seen Hobbit #3 (crap!); Mad Max (visually stunning, but still strangely unsatisfying), and Jurassic World (Basically an inferior Jurassic Park remake - CRAP!!!).

So yeah, the field hasn't exactly been inspiring...

Comment

Minions was fun!

Comment

Everyone I know who's been said it was dire

Comment

BA NA NA

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            Just re-read Snow Crash, decided to get on the Wiki page for it to see if I could link-hop to some sources for the crazy Sumerian stuff. Stumbled across this:

If you've ever seen Attack the Block, you know that this is about as good a fit for a Snow Crash movie as we could realistically hope for. But no. Apparently no word of this thing since 2013. Meanwhile, Adam Sandler is still making movies.

Dammit.

Don't lose hope. It can take years for movies to come together.

(It's totally not happening.)
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
                              Shall I continue with my 'America is full of idiots' assertion?

I've barely seen any Hollywood movies this year, as I'm invariably disappointed: it's just the same formulaic bull****, vomited ad nauseam...

You desperately need to see Mad Max.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X