Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMACX on sale for $2.39 through Monday at GOG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No reason to worry - it won't dissapoint you.
    I migth have been wrong - it was this that I thought wouldn't dissapoint :

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

23h 56m 32s left

-Them's 'Merican hours.

Armed 'Mercan hours.
      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

CFC's back up a few minutes ago.

Because TF's a 'MERCAN!

No pasarán

Comment

Heh. Petek claims my posting of the sale info last night was the first CFC post since the migration. (Naturally, CFC borked up when I tried to reply.)

First because a 'Mercan was on the job. Do I have to pretend to not be trolling to get a rise out of you people?

No pasarán

Comment

Yeah, they're still having problems it seems.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
              First because a 'Mercan was on the job. Do I have to pretend to not be trolling to get a rise out of you people?
              Damned Americans

Actually I quite like Americans on the whole.

Comment

Oh, I actually like you dirty Godless furriners just fine.

Yeah, rah; it's a migration, same as an upgrade, it'd be a shock if it worked well before days of tweaking. We're fixing to move hosts for AC2 soonest, and I'm sure not looking forward to a couple days or more of little of the features working.

-The miracle in the whole thing is that Thunderfall has posted twice this week. That's gotta bring his PPD for the year WAY up.

No pasarán

Comment

Apolyton has migrated to different servers twice in the past 19 months. With almost no downtime.

Comment

I have Windows 8 and I'm not having any luck launching the game. The download went fine, it just won't launch. Sigh....
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Just wait a few more days. Then it won't launch with Windows 10.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Did you try to download it to your laptop?

Or try to launch it from the directory instead of the app?
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

...Aaand CFC just shut back down...

Just a few hours to go till the good old-fashioned American go-getter sale ends.

Ming, ironically, you need Petek for that; my expertise trouble-shooting installs ends with W7. If you post in AC here, that's about as good a way to get his attention as any - he patrols by here regularly and troubleshoots tech issues everywhere.

Obviously, he's not busy right now, server tech not being his thing...

No pasarán

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                            I have Windows 8 and I'm not having any luck launching the game. The download went fine, it just won't launch. Sigh....
                            This may be with the original, but :

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Thanks Black Cat... I'm checking it out. I just posted in the thread.

And BU, I also sent a PM to Petek. Thanks for the tip.
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

rah is right that the autoplay on the disk is no good. Have you tried making a shortcut directly to terranx.exe? -Also try the W98 compatibility setting if that don't work.

Once you get it running, it can be played off a thumb drive, I hear.

...I wasn't gonna post anymore once the sale was over, but it's the American way to take responsibility for what you start. A fellow's gotta stick by his guns...

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                                X