Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMACX on sale for $2.39 through Monday at GOG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMACX on sale for $2.39 through Monday at GOG!

What the heck - it's limited-time, and nobody'll see this if I leave it just posted in the appropriate on-topic place.

---

$2.39
    http://www.gog.com/game/sid_meiers_alpha_centauri

This is part of a sale on GOG's entire EA catalogue of 42 titles.
    http://www.gog.com/promo/ea_weekend_...ademy_Promo_EN

---

P.S. 'Mercan made! IN 'MERCA!

'Merca #1! I want me a gun that fires gunz!

-THAT ought to keep it bumped a few days...
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Thanks BU, I saved a few bucks on the last GOG sale.

Comment

I bought it and can't alt-tab it. Even in Beyond Earth you can alt tab. HOW DO I ALT TABBING?

Comment

Dang. I've seen Petek go over the ALT tab thing with people a hundred times and never remember the trick(s). CFC's down this weekend while they migrate server hosts, so I can't go look. PM Petek here if you're in a hurry to fix that, I guess.

P.S. Fer byoootiful, fer spacious skys, fer gerns gerns gerns gerns gerns!

No pasarán

Comment

bad weekend for CFC to be down. I was going to go there to get some basic strats for the game.
          For less then 3 bucks I couldn't resist and finally bought it. Thanks for posting this BU.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There's a better forum for that you know, outside Petek's tech help and lots of good stuff right here onsight in AC.

In fact, try this: http://alphacentauri2.info/SMACX%20B...Crossfire.html -It's a way too long beta page I put up recently for googling-bait, and desperately in need of formatting and editing for bevity, but just exactly the info you're looking for.

P.S. ... Uh, - U.S. the Best! Screw the rest! Guns!

No pasarán

Comment

Okay Wigs, I found this: http://alphacentauri2.info/index.php...31373#msg31373
              if you are using the GOG release, you are going to need to rename your terranx to something else to get around the hard lock on alt-tabbing.
              -Dunno if that actually works, but Green1 has done a lot of AARs w/o his computer eating him, so it must, and sounds easy. Good luck, Senator.

P.S. Jeezus will shoot your sheep! With his 'Mercan Gun! USA! USA! USA!

No pasarán

Comment

There's also Dungeon Keeper 2 and Theme Hospital on sale, those bring back memories!
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

...And Sim City 2000 Special Edition & Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition...

P.S. Mexico and points south think we ain't religious ENOUGH. Which is it, yew Gawdless Furriners?
                  Last edited by Buster Crabbe's Uncle; July 26, 2015, 12:47. Reason: Jeezus is armed American

No pasarán

Comment

Well I did find velociryx's intro strat guide on the site that shall not be named. It's looks good enough to get the basics and get started. But it's one of those that I don't know enough to know if it's really any good. But he has known what he was talking about on other things so it's probably ok.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

don't know if it's really any good
                      No reason to worry - it won't dissapoint you.

Edit : By the way, there is a site here where the game is discussed
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Thanks. It wasn't high on the list when I searched but really should have checked here first. DOH
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
                          lots of good stuff right here onsight in AC.
                          Like any good, wholesome, All-Man, square-dealing, American, I did say that, and have NOT mentioned the hyperlink in my sig (to a Great SMACX-focused Forum that also hosts Vel's Guide v.4, BTW). The beginners-specialized guide I linked is an isolated page...

'Merca!

No pasarán

Comment

If I try hard enough I will still find original CD's somewhere.
                            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I just want to mention that Wales lost the Important Country Game around 800 years ago in a conquest defeat, not that it was EVER even in the running, EVER, and the US has been #1 for 60 years staight - and petty jealousy is just an ugly thing from a wholly-owned suburb of England. I wholly-own two guns.

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                              X