Wales bashing thrade (Troll thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
    I used to date a Welsh girl with 36DDs. It really was a ridiculously long name.
    Astddrwggydaenfawrtridegchwechbronnaudd ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

See, THIS is why I can't believe Thomas Jefferson was Welsh; if he were, wouldn't he have been Thomas Lollylollyohbygolly?
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
        That's disputed. Bristlecone pines can be age-tested by ring samples above the ground. Yews can't, because they can die back to the rhizome then grow back. It's almost a certainty that there are yew trees much, much older than any Bristlecone pine.
        Meh, says you.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
          See, THIS is why I can't believe Thomas Jefferson was Welsh; if he were, wouldn't he have been Thomas Lollylollyohbygolly?
          Maybe he changed his name.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Why would anyone erase such a blessed connection to the Welsh?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              Meh, says you.
              Meet Old Tjikko.

9,500 years old. Show me any Bristlecone Pine as old as that.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

So you didn't even bother to read the Pando link?
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Jeez if only that tree could talk...

Wales, North Wales to be exact, wherever that is, now claims to have the largest artificial wave pool in the world, built over an old aluminium smelter.

The first waves have peeled across an artificial surf lagoon built on the site of an old aluminium works on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park.

This is apparently a source of immense local pride, but I see endless potential for trolling Wales.

Like has anyone told the Welsh most surf breaks, though I know some do (California for example), don't have a massive honking pier running down the middle of them and some yob standing there with his hands in his pockets?

Only in Wales.
                  Last edited by Alexander's Horse; July 31, 2015, 18:06.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

A few more facts, from an acquaintance:

- Wales has little functioning local government. Several councils were so inept and/or corrupt they eventually had to be taken apart and run by appointed commissioners. One mounted an appeal, but submitted the paperwork too late.

- Investigations into corrupt practises at several universities led to their collapse and merger into a single institution.

- The Welsh consider north Wales to be culturally Welsh and south Wales to be culturally English.

- No one lives in north Wales...

Comment

Working...
                    X