No announcement yet.

Hot sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good hot sauce adds more than mere heat. Sriracha, for example, is also garlicky and sweet, so it adds a nice flavor to a variety of dishes. Pure heat by itself is rather boring. Also, this is relevant. Hot sauce is first aid for crappy food when you don't have the time or inclination to buy or prep something better.

I guess you could broaden this thread to include other condiments. I like a blend of mustard and aji paste, which isn't really hot, just savory.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
      Yes?
      Then your response doesn't make sense as I said the exact opposite.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        I guess you could broaden this thread to include other condiments.
        I tend to use a lot of marinades / sauces / dry rubs / etc when I cook, so as a result I don't use many condiments: tabasco sauce and soy sauce
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

No.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I bought a 1L bottle of Valentina hot sauce, made in Jalesco, MX, for $1.78 today. It is quite hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
              I would find that bland and boring. Don't gete wrong, there are a ton of different ways to flavor food and I like most of them but sometimes you just want some kick in your food. I really like Indian, Thai, and Indonesian food all of which use a wide variety of different spices all with different flavors.
              sure, it all comes down to preference. i don't mind a bit of spice on occasion, but i prefer other methods of flavouring food.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

oWING TO VARIOUS VOLCANIC ERUPTIONS I GAVE UP HOT SAUCE
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

As they always say:
                  You always taste hotness twice ... once when it enters your body and once when it leaves

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

This video was uploaded from an Android phone.

Cartman farts fire after eating hot sauce.

Comment

God I love Cartman
                      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I am still hoping to find a good green hot sauce in a bottle. I have tried various contenders but I am still looking for a clear stand out.

Comment

Something like that?

Chili Food - Wir würzen Ihr Leben✔ Verlässlichkeit seit 17 Jahren✔ über 250 000 zufriedene Kunden✔ 4000…
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Something like that though I usually prize flavor over heat so I would shy away from habinero sauces. A chili tamatillo blend might be best for a refreshing daily use sauce.
                            Last edited by Dinner; August 5, 2015, 12:35.

Comment

you gormand you

Comment

Hot sauce

I'm Pakistani, so of course I eat spicy food . I do love sriracha, and Cholula, but I like to try small, kitchen made hot sauces you find trying to get off the ground on kickstarter - some good stuff there (and some duds). I found Angry Chef Hot Sauce that way... well worth a try.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X