Hot sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onodera View Post
    I've never understood the value of making your food insanely spicy.
    QFT. one of the things i like most about brazilian cuisine is the almost complete lack of 'hot' dishes.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

For me it is the contrary ... I rather dislike food that isn´t spicy/hot.
      And if you often eat hot, this leads to a process of adaptation, so that hot food isn´t perceived as all too hot anymore
      (meaning that I, for example, perceive Tabasco as fruity instead of hot ... and also explaining how/why indians can eat food that is so hot, that most europeans/americans will lie on the ground, writhing in pain, when they taste original indian hotness )

Or to say it with a joke:

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Spicy is one thing. Feeling compelled to eat off the chart hot is just someone trying to make a stupid point.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My tongue is less sensitive than yours!!!111!1111

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            Spicy is one thing. Feeling compelled to eat off the chart hot is just someone trying to make a stupid point.
            Well, as mentioned, people who often eat hot, get adapted to the hotness,
            so for them things are not as hot as for people who rarely eat hot.

But I agree ... people who deliberately order the hottest food on the chart,
            despite the fact that they aren´t used to it and every bite fills their mouth with liquid fire,
            just to show off how much hotness they can bear, deserve the consequences that will most likely follow
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I think Johnny Cash had a song about the consequences.
              Graffiti in a public toilet
              Do not require skill or wit
              Among the **** we all are poets
              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Pain releases endorphins, and in the case of eating spicy food the pain usually doesn't last as long as / isn't as severe as the endorphin high. So some people experience varying levels of spiciness as a pleasurable experience, while for others the pain of eating spicy food outweighs the endorphin high.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

A similar example is that some runners get a high from running insanely long distances, whereas I collapse and puke long before I reach that point
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Most of them aren't super spicy and the ones which are extremely spicy you add only a little to sauces or broths so that it comes out more mild. It is just concentrated so a little goes a long way and a bottle lasts you a long time.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                      QFT. one of the things i like most about brazilian cuisine is the almost complete lack of 'hot' dishes.
                      I would find that bland and boring. Don't gete wrong, there are a ton of different ways to flavor food and I like most of them but sometimes you just want some kick in your food. I really like Indian, Thai, and Indonesian food all of which use a wide variety of different spices all with different flavors.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        I really like Indian, Thai, and Indonesian food all of which use a wide variety of different spices all with different flavors.
                        That's fine, but liquid capsaicin is something that is often unnecessary.
                        Graffiti in a public toilet
                        Do not require skill or wit
                        Among the **** we all are poets
                        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Non spicy food doesn't have to be bland. There's all sorts of amazing food in Brazil
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

You didn't read the second sentence of that post, did you?

Comment

I like Louisiana Hot Sauce on Seafood, for Pork and Chicken either Tabasco Chipolte or Franks Buffalo Hot Wing Sauce. The other in rotation is Texas Pete Hotter than Hot, which is pretty sporty for across the counter store bought.
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                You didn't read the second sentence of that post, did you?
                                Yes?
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X