Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it a problem having a panther in the cellar ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it a problem having a panther in the cellar ?

Well, german authorities apparently thought it was a bad idea. They neither liked the 88 mm AA cannon or the torpedo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bundeswehr-birgt-Weltkriegs-Panzer-aus-Ostsee-Villa_pdaArticleWide.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	9136112

Heikendorf. Around nine hours needed almost 20 soldiers on Thursday alone, to fetch the armored type Panther out of the house and to push on a low loader. This was made possible only by two armored recovery vehicle with plenty of traction, earlier specially built wooden ramps and sweaty millimeter precision at high summer temperatures. The tank was in a subterranean hall, which will consist of several levels.

The loud Bundeswehr nearly 40-ton tanks without chains were discovered during a search in the basement garage of the collector on the day before investigators. "We have trouble getting him around the curve," said army spokesman Ulrich Burchardi on the edge of the work. "The crux of the matter is that we have to use traction." This was partly a precision job. Only on Thursday evening pushed a Bergepanzer the Panthers finally onto a low loader. With it, he was taken to the military training area Putlos.

The Kieler office is investigating the 78-year-old owner of the tank due to a possible breach of the War Weapons Control Act. "The preliminary proceedings," said senior public prosecutor Birgit Hess.

The man's lawyer described the use as disproportionate. "The tank is demilitarized," said attorney Peter Gramsch Deutsche Presse-Agentur. He wants to take legal action against the seizure and claim compensation for his client. "I assume that the tank has been damaged in the action." The same applies to the private road in front of the Villa. There is a certificate of the circle Plön on 31 October 2005 after which the tank has lost his weapons of war property.

At night, the task forces set finally also a 8.8-centimeter antiaircraft gun safe. According to lawyer Gramsch also this was demilitarized.

The World War I-tank apparently stood for years in the posh district in the basement of the 78-year-olds. "This is a full-fledged Panzer" said Heike village mayor Alexander Orth after a visit on Thursday morning. "The use is considered appropriate in full." The tank was also not the only reason for use. Already on Wednesday had guns and a torpedo assured investigators.

Mayor Orth said: "Overall, I have to say: Oh, oh, since presumably someone law has interpreted very broadly, if not ignored I have this mistaken for a Spleen an elderly gentleman It looks as if it is a lot more!... "

The Heikendorfer should have provided from the Nazi era in his garden also art. In this context, he was also advised in the course of investigations by again been submerged Nazi art to the attention of officials. It was about a statue entitled "The Wehrmacht" by Arno Breker, which is in the man's garden. "But that is a copy," said lawyer Gramsch.

The man had the news magazine "Der Spiegel" reported in May that he had a large collection ("but not art") in an underground bunker on his land. There, the Wehrmacht tanks stand ("but not a complete"), which he had eventually bought as scrap in England. He had duly registered all weapons.
    Blame funny words etc. on google translate, not me
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Who doesn't want a tank? It sure would have been better than kill dozer
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Well, AFAIK they now want to check if the Panther was properly demilitarized (which is something the owner claims ... in which case he would be legally allowed to be in possession of the tank).

And the real interesting question is, what happens if the tank turns out to be properly demilitarized ... one would assume that in this case, the police is required to put the tank back into the cellar, where the tank was located before the Razzia
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

In 1995 I was 19 and was going to the junior college in the Clairemont Mesa area of San Diego when I got stuck in traffic and couldn't figure out why the police had the freeway blocked off. It turns out this was happening:
        An Army veteran steals an M-60 tank to terrorize the streets of San Diego.Brought to you by Discovery Channel

Comment

How about a panther in your backyard? He just wanted to play with their kitty cat.

Comment

I am surprised that they were able to open the hatch from the outside (in order to shoot him) ...
            aren´t the hatches supposed to only be openable from the inside of the tank?
            (after all, else, enemy infantry which manages to climb atop the tank would be able to do so as well)
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

You'd think.

Comment

Heroin addict holds up a bus at knife point and takes it over.

That one was memorable too. Some crazy homeless guy high on meth stole a city bus and went on a rampage.

Comment

But the most impressive feat definitely was the Killdozer-Rampage by Marvin Heemeyer

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

So well amored that he only was stopped when technical problems arose, after the 13th building he destroyed

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                    I am surprised that they were able to open the hatch from the outside (in order to shoot him) ...
                    aren´t the hatches supposed to only be openable from the inside of the tank?
                    (after all, else, enemy infantry which manages to climb atop the tank would be able to do so as well)
                    Nelson had damaged the hatch when he opened it with a crowbar in order to steal the tank.
                    The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                    - A. Lincoln

Comment

I only saw a picture from the other side. No Tracks is neither good for the Panzer nor the Street it seems ;-)
                      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Ok, that makes sense.

Comment

I'd kill for one of those. Society is becoming so funless.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
                            I'd kill for one of those. Society is becoming so funless.
                            It's Germany, fun has always been forbidden.
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Even some old panther would come handy in the zombie apocalypse. That guy was clearly prepared.
                              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
                              X