Lori needs a job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post

Since I'm still taking classes in Maryland, that would be a hell of a daily commute.
    Ach laddie, we can offer you room and board, do you mind sharing? You would make six in the sleepout.
    If your Irish, come into the parlour, there's a welcome there for you

http://www.exohuman.com/wordpress/wp...012/05/03.jpeg

Comment

So, the lease runs out where I am on August 15. After that, I need to find housing for the fall and spring semesters. If I find a place that costs roughly what I'm paying now, then I probably need something like ~$1000 a month to get by. Every penny that I earn between now and August 15 is money I can save, which reduces how much I need to bring in per month once the fall semester begins. (I was hoping to have already gotten a job in order to reduce my burden for the fall. Alas.) A thousand a month isn't much. That's maybe 30 hours a week at $11/hr (gross).
      Probably not what you're looking for, but writing articles at $10/per is something you could do in a pinch. (oDesk or iWriter are some of many of the sites you can buy/sell articles on.) Low quality 300 word garbage usually goes for a couple bucks at most, but longer, quality articles can go for $10+ ...

I was looking at buying some mobile game related articles for some of my other sites. Let me know if you're interested.

Comment

Things will work out Lori

Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Have you followed up Oerdin's suggestion?

Just because he has a reputation for always being wrong, it doesn't necessarily mean that he always is...
          "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Awesome Moby. You being (sort of) nice.

Comment

A bit like you being sort of sincere and only a little bit sarcastic?
              "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by I AM MOBIUS View Post
                A bit like you being sort of sincere and only a little bit sarcastic?

Awesome retort Moby.

With sincerity, and without sarcasm on my part.

Comment

Alternatively, does anyone know of any ways that I could just magically come into a lot of money somehow? Preferably by means more reliable than the lottery and more legal than bank robbery. (Reliability is more important than legality.)
                  cash crops
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If you are risk averse, I would suggest growing micro greens. 7-14 days seed to harvest. Make salads. Sell them for $6-10 a piece at a farmer's market.

Very low overhead, high roi. Just gotta find the right market. If you are in an affluent area, marketing micro greens to rich housewives is like selling weed on a college campus
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Meaning, you just sit there and collect cash
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I was just thinking that today. Man, I need a blowjob. I'd even settle for a handjob.

(Sorry for the crassness, I was just listening the bogan cricket commentator over in the ashes thread).

But seriously, that idea of Oerdin's sounds good.

Comment

Oerdin's idea sounds good.

I looked at the link. The advert in the link mentioned "must have your own vehicle". I hope Lori has a car.

Comment

Oerdin's idea sounds good.

I looked at the link. The advert in the link mentioned "must have your own vehicle". I hope Lori has a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                              Probably not what you're looking for, but writing articles at $10/per is something you could do in a pinch. (oDesk or iWriter are some of many of the sites you can buy/sell articles on.) Low quality 300 word garbage usually goes for a couple bucks at most, but longer, quality articles can go for $10+ ...

I was looking at buying some mobile game related articles for some of my other sites. Let me know if you're interested.
                              Interesting. I'll think about it.

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              If you are in an affluent area, marketing micro greens to rich housewives is like selling weed on a college campus
                              I'm on a college campus...

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                              I was just thinking that today. Man, I need a blowjob. I'd even settle for a handjob.

(Sorry for the crassness, I was just listening the bogan cricket commentator over in the ashes thread).
                              So do I. I haven't gotten laid in 2 years now, so selling my body to the night would kill two birds with one stone rather neatly.

But seriously, that idea of Oerdin's sounds good.
                              Yeah. If I haven't responded to a post, that basically just means I'm following up on the suggestion.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Lori: pm if you want a free pamphlet about the economic opportunities available on college campuses
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X