Lori needs a job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lori needs a job.

I'm not back, but I'm desperate and will soon be homeless if I don't get a job (and refuse to move back in with my parents for some stupid reason). So poly, anyone know anyone who's hiring? I have a lot of experience slamming my hands against the keyboard rapidly, which some people sometimes decide to pay me to do for some reason. Also, I have most of an astronomy degree. Also, I used to know how to make lattes. Anybody? Technically, I need full-time (or super extra overtime) work until the end of August and then part-time work after that, but at this point I can't be picky and I need anything I can get. Monkeys? Thanks.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Sorry to hear there's trouble. Where are you located? Somewhere in Texas? Cincinnati?
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

His ID is Location: Orion Arm. My ex is from Betelgeuse - which arm are you from?
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Hello Lori my name is AAHZ it is nice to meet you lol!
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          Sorry to hear there's trouble. Where are you located? Somewhere in Texas? Cincinnati?
          Suburbs of DC.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Come and work for me at FIFA.
            “I am the president now, the president of everybody.”
            The Grinch who stole football:
            http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...-346543857.jpg

Comment

I think its been a while since they've had a sniper in that area...I'm not sure what the pay is like, but you can set your own hours.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Call centres have massive staff turnover and thus regular job openings.

Umh. Because it is such a horrid job with a small income.

So contact a call centre

Comment

Apply for soils tech positions in any engineering or Geotechnical firm. You will find help wanted ads online. We usually hire ours at $22 per hour, no degree or experience needed, and over time is on offer if the project calls for it. You will probably get benefits too. Have your own car or (better yet) truck, fill out the field forms correctly and on time, actually do the work you are paid to do, and show up to work on time without a supervisor having the client call wondering where you are.

You'd be amazed how many techs can't seem to manage that.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

what do you want to do after your degree?

in reality you want some work experience in that in addition to your degree when you graduate... you use to be able to get paid for it too (and sometimes continue to get payed for it while you study)

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                      what do you want to do after your degree?

in reality you want some work experience in that in addition to your degree when you graduate... you use to be able to get paid for it too (and sometimes continue to get payed for it while you study)

JM
                      I would love to have a job that contributed to my education, but right now I just need a job that contributes to paying the rent and buying groceries.

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                        Call centres have massive staff turnover and thus regular job openings.

Umh. Because it is such a horrid job with a small income.

So contact a call centre
                        I don't really have the luxury of saying no to anything right now, but I suspect I would last a shorter time than average at a call center due to my social anxiety issues.

Comment

Tech support. Most companies have entry level positions open. You're smart enough for that. And if you're half way decent at it the money isn't that bad.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Alternatively, does anyone know of any ways that I could just magically come into a lot of money somehow? Preferably by means more reliable than the lottery and more legal than bank robbery. (Reliability is more important than legality.)

Comment

Sell blood.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X