New idea for Hunger Games style forum clearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New idea for Hunger Games style forum clearing

Ok, how about each member of the forum is given a single use Kill button that they can use against one poster. To get this you need at least 1K posts to filter out DL's. Each poster has say 10 lives. Each time someone uses their 'Kill' against another poster, one of their lives is removed. When all 10 lives are lost, that poster is perma-banned.

We could have little icons showing how close someone is to destruction, to help influence them to change their ways too!

I forgot to add [civil] tags. Could someone do that for me please?

Comment

Just ban Ben Kenobi and Kidicious. That's a lot easier to implement and it achieves the same result.

Comment

Yes, KISS
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good idea if you want to end up like the nazis. It will probably happen anyway.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Ban Godwin too please.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Everybody should get one vote, and one vote is enough to ban somebody. Once every 24 hours everybody casts their vote, or abstains; at the end all votes are resolved simultaneously (so if Poster A votes to ban Poster B and vice versa then both are banned), and if somebody is banned without casting their vote then their vote is lost; multiple votes for the same poster have the same effect as a single vote for that poster, and votes are not refunded. This continues until everybody is out of votes or is banned, and then we can count the survivors if any.
              Last edited by loinburger; June 4, 2015, 12:37.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I already had this idea, but just to make a list. Loinburger hated it, thread****ted the hell out of my thread, and finally got Aeson to lock the thread. And that was going to be just for fun, not bloodlust.

Comment

While it might be a fun game, there wouldn't be any posters left after a while

So how about another game, kind of a mix between survivor and Hunger Games.
                  We start a new thread. Anybody that posts in it is Officially playing.
                  After a set time frame, and there are enough players. We vote once a day to remove somebody from the thread. The voting can be done in the thread, or we can have an outside person collect PM's. So every day, somebody is thrown out of the thread and can not vote until the end. When it gets down to just two people, only the people knocked out can vote. Or something else along these lines. I'm open to suggestions.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                    I already had this idea, but just to make a list. Loinburger hated it, thread****ted the hell out of my thread, and finally got Aeson to lock the thread. And that was going to be just for fun, not bloodlust.
                    Ummm... you wanted to make a list of posters to murder. If you don't see the difference between murder and a banning then, well, ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                      While it might be a fun game, there wouldn't be any posters left after a while

So how about another game, kind of a mix between survivor and Hunger Games.
                      We start a new thread. Anybody that posts in it is Officially playing.
                      After a set time frame, and there are enough players. We vote once a day to remove somebody from the thread. The voting can be done in the thread, or we can have an outside person collect PM's. So every day, somebody is thrown out of the thread and can not vote until the end. When it gets down to just two people, only the people knocked out can vote. Or something else along these lines. I'm open to suggestions.
                      I played a similar game at another forum ("Survivor") - votes were sent to the coordinator via PM, but it was permissible to make them public, and also to PM other participants to form alliances and all of that nonsense. In the case of a tie, all posters who were tied were kicked out. Everybody got angry and it was a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                        Ummm... you wanted to make a list of posters to murder. If you don't see the difference between murder and a banning then, well, ugh.
                        Your paranoia is getting worse

Comment

The forum I admin has used this feature for years. "Bombs".

Premium members get five bombs to use every month. If any non-premium users collects 10 bombs within one calendar month, they get a 10-day ban. Premium users can't be bombed.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Your paranoia is getting worse
                            Vote for people you hate, and wish were dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                              The forum I admin has used this feature for years. "Bombs".

Premium members get five bombs to use every month. If any non-premium users collects 10 bombs within one calendar month, they get a 10-day ban. Premium users can't be bombed.
                              Perfect! a 10 day ban is also a lot less brutal, and we probably all deserve one every so often.

Comment

Working...
                              X