No announcement yet.

Guess who's DL I am???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though, arguably, the lax moderation chased people away due to the prevalence of trolls.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

True and arguably some were chased from there due to the nazi like moderation. (and landed here )

And in all honesty there really wasn't much trolling in the on topic sections.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

As obnoxious as people are around here to each other, I get the sense that there is a bit of love as it were beneath it all, and I have seen heavily moderated communities where everyone still manages to be a huge ******* and it is apparent that no one would be supportive of anyone else (looking at you, SomethingAwful). When someone posts "my mom died" on apolyton, people care. I think as long as that sort of thing remains true, moderation isn't super important.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

SomethingAwful pet form:
          Adelaide: My cat died last night

SomethingAwful GBS:
          Photoshop Adelaide's dead cat!!!

Comment

The somethingawful pet forum is disturbing. If you don't give your dog ridiculously expensive pet food and a dog friend to keep him company 24/7 you are basically Dog Hitler running Dog Auschwitz and should be hanged at Dog Nuremberg. After all, he could develop {random dog diseases here for which there is no medical evidence that cheap dog food actually causes}

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              As obnoxious as people are around here to each other, I get the sense that there is a bit of love as it were beneath it all, and I have seen heavily moderated communities where everyone still manages to be a huge ******* and it is apparent that no one would be supportive of anyone else (looking at you, SomethingAwful). When someone posts "my mom died" on apolyton, people care. I think as long as that sort of thing remains true, moderation isn't super important.
              Generally the bigger a forum gets the less you care what happens to other posters.

Comment

Golly, the last thing the world needs now is a gay racist. It's like the resurrection of Ernst Roehm.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  As obnoxious as people are around here to each other, I get the sense that there is a bit of love as it were beneath it all...
                  In some cases, yeah. In others, not so much. For example, Asher was always very proud of having (apparently) rid the forum of the likes of Agathon, UR, etc.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

If Ecofarm came back to tell us about how his dad got pancreatic cancer, would everyone join together in sympathy?

Comment

I'd have sympathy for his dad. Not just for the cancer of course.

Comment

Yes, certainly. And if faded glory did so...?
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                          I remember when I first started posting here, I didn't even know there was an ot and it took me a few years before I posted in it.
                          CIV II was our glory days. It was always fun to see what new scenarios were being designed and posted. Game designers hung out at 'Poly.
                          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                            In some cases, yeah. In others, not so much. For example, Asher was always very proud of having (apparently) rid the forum of the likes of Agathon, UR, etc.
                            Yeah well. I guess Asher's kind of a douchebag.

Originally posted by spambot View Post
                            Not just for the cancer of course.

I would actually be sympathetic to him, by the way. But I still have difficulty believing he was ever real.

Comment

OK, give it up Keith.
                              To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by spambot View Post
                                Generally the bigger a forum gets the less you care what happens to other posters.
                                I know I'd care a lot more about what happens to posters here if I was the only poster here.

Comment

Working...
                                X