Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make anti-LGBT businesses publicly post their policy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    Joe would not be refused service.

So much for hypothetical situations.

For the record, I agree with you but was trying to toss the slippery slope folks a bone.

If the restaurant today is willing to discriminate against just weddings due to their discomfort what's to stop them from refusing service later? Since they know Joe is gay because it was his wedding they refused to cater.

I know in Joe's shoes I'd certainly never want to go to said pizza place... therefore I miss out on the original schmoozing. Even if they never outright say that Joe isn't welcome there it certainly wouldn't make me feel welcome in Joe's shoes... of course, that's because Joe's shoes are a size 13 so my size 12 feet would flop around and I'd be even less graceful than usual...
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Originally posted by FlameFlash View Post

So much for hypothetical situations.

For the record, I agree with you but was trying to toss the slippery slope folks a bone.

If the restaurant today is willing to discriminate against just weddings due to their discomfort what's to stop them from refusing service later? Since they know Joe is gay because it was his wedding they refused to cater.

I know in Joe's shoes I'd certainly never want to go to said pizza place... therefore I miss out on the original schmoozing. Even if they never outright say that Joe isn't welcome there it certainly wouldn't make me feel welcome in Joe's shoes... of course, that's because Joe's shoes are a size 13 so my size 12 feet would flop around and I'd be even less graceful than usual...
      They don't want to refuse service to gays. We're talking about a minority of conservative Christians. We aren't talking about a bunch of homopobes that probably don't have religious convictions.

As far as people feeling unwelcome. That's life.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• A homophobe is a homophobe no matter what clothes you try and dress that up in.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
          A homophobe is a homophobe no matter what clothes you try and dress that up in.
          They're whatever they please you fascist scum.

Comment

• They can be homophobes if they want to, you bigoted prick, but spare me the crocodile tears about how their rights are being impeded because the rest of us won't let them bring in a new era of discrimination. **** them and **** you too.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
              Yes, they wanted to make it 'CLEAR' in writing that they weren't being the bigots that they were being accused of.

Maybe not actually legalized but tell that to Memories Pizza. And don't say that a lot others were taking it as a green light to do the same.

I saw this on the news this morning but i'll post it because I can only laugh.
              Only a few years ago, the POTUS was against the legalization of gay marriage, and now being against it, specifically, is hatred worthy of having your family business shut down? The idealogical shift is enough to give one whiplash.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                They can be homophobes if they want to, you bigoted prick, but spare me the crocodile tears about how their rights are being impeded because the rest of us won't let them bring in a new era of discrimination. **** them and **** you too.
                Crocodile tears? Really? When are you going to change that avatar? It fits you too well and I might puke.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                  Only a few years ago, the POTUS was against the legalization of gay marriage, and now being against it, specifically, is hatred worthy of having your family business shut down? The idealogical shift is enough to give one whiplash.
                  It is quite impressive.
                  I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                    I am in favor of gay marriage, but I am deeply disturbed and oppose this 'thing' that being opposed to gay marriage is some sort of horrific crime akin to the holocaust or what was done to Shepard.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Gay marriage is fine, but you can't force religious institutions to participate, just as you can't force a Private business.
                      Too bad, so sad. Shop viable alternatives.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Progress

Comment

• The pizza place just got $400,000 and counting.

Make that $828,000 and counting.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                            Progress
                            We'll all be in the Camps before long.

Comment

• Thanks to to the parody TFS Hellsing Ultimate Abridged, whenever I see
                              Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                              Progress
                              used like that, I think of this guy:

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                                We'll all be in the Camps before long.
                                The "bake a cake for a gay wedding" camps will be fabulous! Pray you get assigned there rather than the feminist run "rocky mountain oyster farm" ...

Comment

Working...
                                X