No announcement yet.

Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think purely logically from the fact that they stopped you from boarding, yes. Sounds like you've been screwed by a jobsworth if everyone else ignored it.
    "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
      I am not sure I want to deal with SAA here though, they seemed like they were going to refuse me because of my lack of Yellow Fever vaccine and then I told them that I had only been in Brazil a couple of hours... then they came up with this passport page thing (and they kept on asking me, everyone who dealt with me, if I had a different passport I could use).

JM
      Are you sure that they're being straight with you about the passport thing, and not trying to cover their ass over the yellow fever thing?

There's forums online you could ask for urgent advice.
      "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

TripAdvisor Air Travel Forum - seems very active: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowFor...ir_Travel.html

Comment

Sorry to hear about your predicament JM.

I have nothing helpful to offer besides moral support.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Brazil rights: http://iftta.org/content/brazil-anac...air-passengers

ANAC – National Civil Aviation Agency

Might help?

Comment

Perhaps get a written statement by them that they don´t feel responsible for getting you home fre of charge, then travel home at your own expenses ... and then sue their ass off as soon as you get home?
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I got a 300 dollar ticket that gets me back here in a couple of days (After I have my passport and vaccine, possibly) if I want to be.

300 isn't so much.

I think that my ticket is still 'live' and I can use it in a couple of days, I will ask them in a couple of hours.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Did you buy the Santiago-São Paulo and the São Paulo-South Africa tickets from the same vendor? Or both directly from the respective airlines?
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Did you try to get in touch with the US consulate, maybe they can help?

Did you check for requirements for getting into SA before the trip?
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                      Did you buy the Santiago-São Paulo and the São Paulo-South Africa tickets from the same vendor? Or both directly from the respective airlines?
                      Same vendor but it wasn't an airline.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                        Did you try to get in touch with the US consulate, maybe they can help?

Did you check for requirements for getting into SA before the trip?
                        Maybe it could have helped last night, but there wasn't time I think.

Remember that I can't leave the airport other than in a plane on an international flight.

I checked requirements, I didn't expect yellow fever to be an issue because I was just a couple of hours in brazil airport. They didn't ask my wife or daughter about it.

About the page, I realized it was something that I needed to take care of but I thought it could wait until after this trip. Since all the other places were accepting it.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                          Same vendor but it wasn't an airline.

JM
                          Was it a travel agency? Over here, they are obliged by law to take care of you in such events.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

They said they weren't because it was a passport issue (I even have insurance).

The airlines acknowledge that one of them should take care of me, they just don't agree which one and only have personal here for an hour or two twice in the day (At different times).

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

You'd need to check with chilean law, but they at least should talk to the airlines and get you unstuck.
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Yeah, but I am tired and don't want to deal with it anymore.

And Sky is cheap.

If I can keep the learning experience to some hassle and 300$ it will not be expensive.

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X