Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barbarity in the USA! (Sung to Springsteen's memorable hit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava View Post
    His amoral approach to the value of human life is probably a result of the negative treatment he's received over the years (bullying and whatnot).
    This is possible, and it's a hard question to answer, but I doubt it. At the nadir of my depression, when I was suffering quite a bit due to social isolation, my stance on the world was that people were ****ing awful and needed to be fixed. As I said, for a long time I occupied myself with finding ways to rid the world of evil and injustice. Come 2003, when I went into isolation and had my epiphany, it wasn't because I was unable to handle negative treatment. Rather, my revelations came out of an attempt on my part to deal with (1) my hopelessness and (2) my feelings for the evil bestfriend. Again, humans not having objective moral value is not really the big defining piece of my philosophy; its foundation was a realization about how the parts of the universe interact with each other, from particles all the way up to relationships.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
      That isn't a problem with what I said. I wasn't speaking about individual's specific beliefs.
      Just to make it simple for now, if any part of the universe doesn't believe in your morality your morality is not universal.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        The belief that one should eliminate emotions in order to understand truth is based in stoic philosophy and that would make an interesting discussion. But what's happening here? Because it seems that you are trying to give Lori therapy. Is this helping you prove your point? Because you seem to be trying to kill two birds with one stone.
        I honestly don't know my purpose. So I can't say.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          This is possible, and it's a hard question to answer, but I doubt it. At the nadir of my depression, when I was suffering quite a bit due to social isolation, my stance on the world was that people were ****ing awful and needed to be fixed. As I said, for a long time I occupied myself with finding ways to rid the world of evil and injustice. Come 2003, when I went into isolation and had my epiphany, it wasn't because I was unable to handle negative treatment. Rather, my revelations came out of an attempt on my part to deal with (1) my hopelessness and (2) my feelings for the evil bestfriend. Again, humans not having objective moral value is not really the big defining piece of my philosophy; its foundation was a realization about how the parts of the universe interact with each other, from particles all the way up to relationships.
          I will respond more thoughtfully when I get home.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
            Just to make it simple for now, if any part of the universe doesn't believe in your morality your morality is not universal.
            I didn't say my morality was universal.

Comment

Working...
            X