Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah View Post
    And for the record, I'm still just 60.
    60? pfft. My grandfather would think you are a young punk.

punk
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

To be a genuinely young punk you need to be under 50, although that definition will probably need to be revised in a couple of years.

Comment

My father is 65. He once injured his back so badly that my brothers and I had to slide him down a flight of stairs. We called an ambulance, but for some reason they refused to carry him down the stairs unless he was unconscious. (My father is overweight, but not morbidly obese or anything. He just looks like a Jewish Santa.)
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
          To be a genuinely young punk you need to be under 50, although that definition will probably need to be revised in a couple of years.
          I tend to think it is relative. My grandfather passed in 2013. He was 92. At that age, most everyone is a young punk.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well, I survived a day of class. Still not sure I'll be able to meaningfully help me brother move on Saturday, because goddamn.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              Well, I survived a day of class. Still not sure I'll be able to meaningfully help me brother move on Saturday, because goddamn.

Sounds like improvement though!
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Maryland needs proof of my income before I can be approved for Medicaid. I have no income. How do I prove that?

Comment

Can you send in your tax returns for last year or did you make too much back then?
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I had a full-time job in 2014. I quit Jan 23, 2015.

Comment

Congrats on getting through the day, Lori
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Have it checked right away. Back pains need to be dealt with seriously.

Comment

(1) Get down on the floor on your hands and knees, gently arch your back like a scared cat, hold it for 5 seconds then relax Wait 10 seconds and repeat. Do 10 to 20 of those 3 or 4 times / day.
                          (2)Lean with your back against the wall and your knees bent about 30 degrees, gently straighten and push your back into the wall, hold 5 seconds then gently relax. Likewise 10 to 20 reps 3 - 4 X / day.
                          I'll give that a try, I've had constant lower right back pain for 35 years after a whiplash injury messed me up (no head rest )

I'm being forced to learn about good posture and I doubt a bulging waste line helps a spine that evolved for a more active and fit critter

Comment

prostrate yourself (like you were praying to Mecca). hold the position for at least 30s. Does that help?
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I've been doing something like that at points, and it does seem to offer some temporary relief. Back still hurts like ****, though. Mostly a dead weight yesterday helping my brother move. Did get free pizza out of it, though.

Comment

Have you tried hot water like in a jacuzi? It may loosen muscles for at least a little temperary relief.

For proof of income just file your 2014 taxes and use that. Explain you are currently unemployed and use your unemployment determination of status letter as proof of that. Hell, since you are unemployed you could sign up for food stamps and then use your food stamps status determination as proof of income.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X