• Show
Clear All

sheesh

so maybe there's hope for me yet

(my new friend has gone radio silent)
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
      I don't see it as an issue of compromise as most arguments don't involve making decisions, adjusting behaviors, or even working through clashes involving strong opinions. In my experience, it's just been about listening to some nutcase go on a tirade. No thanks.
      I agree with part of this. I think a lot of arguments are mostly about people being in bad moods or otherwise not having a handle on themselves emotionally while simultaneously being in close quarters with the same person for long periods of time. (This is basically what a committed relationship is. I don't mean some weird situation where you're stuck with a person, just that when you have a lot of contact with one person, they see all sides of you, even the sides of you that usually involve you punching your pillow or screaming SERENITY NOW in private.) Even if important issues are brought up during such arguments, they're not necessarily the reason for the argument. So there's nothing to win or solve or fix; there's just learning how to not let bad moods, poor word choice, or superficially annoying behavior turn into arguments. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the other party being a nutcase.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It's just baffling to me how I almost always end up being the adult. ME, for ****'s sake.

If I'm ever the most mature person in the room... well, that room sucks.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I like the name

Comment

Well, it's better than if it were "G3n1SyS"

or some bull**** like that
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Indeed. There are far worse names. The movie could have been titled "Terminator: **** Monkey *** Guzzler"
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                "Terminator: **** Monkey *** Guzzler"
                I'd see that flick
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Terminator 1 = great.
                  Terminator 2 = great.
                  Terminator 3 = cool ending, mediocre movie.
                  Terminator 4 = mediocre movie.
                  Terminator 5 = I won't hold my breath.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                    Terminator 1 = great.
                    Terminator 2 = great.
                    Terminator 3 = cool ending, mediocre movie.
                    Terminator 4 = mediocre movie.
                    Terminator 5 = I won't hold my breath.
                    Hard to argue with this assessment.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

But it's a reboot! That means everything will be all right... right?
                      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

When time travel is involved, are you ever really rebooting?

Comment

That was the one thing I appreciated about the trailer information thus far. What was expected seems to be getting tossed out the window. We're building a new canon.
                          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

about the casting:

from what I've seen, I like Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor. She definitely has the guttural bark of a toughened Sarah Connor.

Jai Courtney seems out of place as Kyle Reese. He's a little too tall and big. He'd almost make a better Terminator, I think.

Jason Clarke as John Connor? Meh. He doesn't look the part, imo. I like him as an actor though. He might surprise me.

Courtney B. Vance is listed as Miles Dyson. That seems appropriate. Though, he's older than Joe Morton was in T2. I wonder if we're going to see an older Miles Dyson in the future? If the events of T2 didn't happen, I can see how that's possible. While he's not a terrible choice, if we're going to see an older Miles Dyson, it would've been nice to see Joe Morton again.

JK Simmons is in this. There's no character listed on the IMDB page for him. I wonder what role he'll play.

Matt Smith is in this. He's my least favorite Doctor of the newer ones. But I still like him as an actor.

Byung-hun Lee looked menacing as the T-1000

An actress by the name of Kerry O'Malley is listed as Kyle Reese's mom. I wonder how she'll play into this.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Matt Smith was my favorite Doctor. He was the only one I could really relate to.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Have you guys seen the Sarah Connor Chronicles? This reminds me of them. By the end there were so many interwoven alternative timelines everyone was confused - the characters, the audience, and I suspect the writers and directors. They were cool

Comment

Working...
                                X