new OKC thread (yet another Savalog)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
    My answer thus far has been to befriend women first, which does allow me to figure out whether or not they possess those qualities. I don't have to be convinced that that's not the right approach, but it does leave me at a loss as to what to do instead.

I married my best friend. It's a good tactic.
    Let's see. I'm done with class by 3 pm each day. That leaves approximately 9 hours a day in which I could be going on dates. I figure that's probably 3 dates a day. I have ~300 total classmates amongst my 5 classes, which works out to about 150 women. So 15 dates during the week, plus maybe 10 on the weekend is 25 dates per week in total, which means it will take me 6 weeks to go through the entirety of the readily available females at school. There are 12 remaining weeks of school, however, which means I'm either going to have to find another source of females after spring break or I'll need to pace myself and do a week on, week off.

You also have to factor in the fact that they will begin talking among themselves and removing themselves from the pool because you appear desperate... if you go that route.

Pace yourself man.
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• Originally posted by FlameFlash View Post

I married my best friend. It's a good tactic.
      My best friend sent me nude pictures of herself while I was dating other women, claimed to be in love with me in a platonic sense, told me we were something more than just friends and that she was jealous of what I had with the women I was dating, and repeatedly declined to pursue a romantic relationship with me when given the opportunity.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
        I meant lower your standards, not eliminate all of them.
        Or he could engage in a little self-improvement and make himself more appealing to a higher caliber of woman?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• self-improvement
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• You have to over think everything.
            In your free time, hang out in places where you're likely to meet a women with those traits.
            Your book club is a good example but obviously there's a limited number of women there.
            SO you're going to have to find a place that may not be quite as good.
            The student union is one possibility. Bars are usually not good but when quantity is necessary it can work.
            Libraries. (but you do have to figure a way not to look like a stalker)
            Coffee shops.
            The only place I know won't ever work is your apartment.
            So when you're done with your classes, go to some different places.

There is no perfect method. Like I said, my wife knew me and asked me out.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Or he could engage in a little self-improvement and make himself more appealing to a higher caliber of woman?
              Insulting my previous girlfriends? Good route.

Speer, it only took you 28 years to make it with a woman. Tell us, what was the secret to your quick success?
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

You have to over think everything.

Comment

• And I meant lowering standards for screening, not final acceptance.
                  It's amazing once you actually know a person how you might be differently attracted to them.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I think the absolute last person I'd take dating advice from is Alby.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      Yep
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yep
                        Sorry, guys, I'm mostly messing with you all. I know there's no secret formula to figuring out exactly what kind of woman I should ask out. I'll probably ask out my new writing buddy. We'll see how that goes. I'll probably send messages to women on OkCupid. We'll see how that goes. I'll probably find some women in the Meetup.com groups I joined last week. We'll see how that goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          I think the absolute last person I'd take dating advice from is Alby.
                          Alby has worked hard and found a place in life where he fits (at least, that's my impression). I admire him.

I wish I could have that.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

And I meant lowering standards for screening, not final acceptance.
                            It's amazing once you actually know a person how you might be differently attracted to them.
                            But what's with the denial that he wouldn't benefit from making himself more appealing to a broader base of women?
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                              has worked hard and found a place in life where he fits
                              That's what she said.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                That's what she said.
                                /thrust thrust thrust
                                "you like that?"

"babe, you aren't in yet"
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X