my life struggle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mein Kampf?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
      It is a phase in measure. The penalties get progressively worse year after year.
      No, they don't. And if they do, they become unconstitutional at some point iirc, per the supreme court ruling. Anyway increasing it would be political suicide. It's not going to happen.

The law creates a huge adverse selection problem. Basically everything about the law is going to reduce the rate that people have insurance and increase the cost of medical care, particularly with so many states opting out of the medicaid expansion which they (correctly) view as a white elephant.

The law is totally ****ed. Any actuary who isn't being paid by the government will tell you that.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        No, they don't.
        Is it hard to be so wrong so much?

Learn about fees by reviewing the definition in the HealthCare.gov Glossary.

The fee in 2015

If you don’t have coverage in 2015, you’ll pay the higher of these two amounts:

2% of your yearly household income. (Only the amount of income above the tax filing threshold, about $10,000 for an individual, is used to calculate the penalty.) The maximum penalty is the national average premium for a bronze plan.
        $325 per person for the year ($162.50 per child under 18). The maximum penalty per family using this method is $975.

The fee for not having coverage in 2014

If you didn’t have coverage in 2014, you’ll pay the higher of these two amounts when you file your 2014 federal tax return:

1% of your yearly household income. (Only the amount of income above the tax filing threshold, about $10,000 for an individual, is used to calculate the penalty.) The maximum penalty is the national average premium for a bronze plan.

$95 per person for the year ($47.50 per child under 18). The maximum penalty per family using this method is $285.

The fee after 2015

The penalty increases every year. In 2016 it’s 2.5% of income or $695 per person. After that it's adjusted for inflation.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          Any actuary who isn't being paid by the government will tell you that.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            No, actually they didn't happen overnight. Those were the results of years and decades of work. You may see them as happening overnight, but, for example, gay marriage has been something that has over 20 years of work behind it.
            Decades of work by people who aren't politicians. Obama is pretty lame.

Comment

The whole "years and decades of work" thing seems a lot more like a retarded person pushing on a pull door. It's only when the idiot decided to pull... or rather... someone else just walked in an opened the door, literally overnight, and forced that change

decades of failed attempts didn't do anything... except maybe set actual progress back even longer
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well the work that was done was by homosexuals who stood up to the prejudices and didn't let it force them into accepting they had to bear it secretly. Each one making their stand making it a little easier for the next. Eventually critical mass was achieved and most everyone growing up now has a friend or relative who's homosexual, and they can see first hand how little it really means about who a person is.

Comment

Working...
                X