Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, uh, what do you do when it's so cold your car won't start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, uh, what do you do when it's so cold your car won't start?

Uh, yeah, not cool.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

light a fire underneath the fuel tank to warm it up.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

kick it in the dingding

Comment

probably it's the battery gone flat because of the cold so you need to get a portable battery charger and recharge it. or get cables and recharge it from another car's battery.

disclaimer: I'm not quite sure I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

When it is this cold I keep a portable battery charged and with my vehicle. It also helps if you want to be a good Samaritan. You don't have to worry about positioning your car to get the cables to reach. That portable battery has saved me a few times and I've helped dozens of other stranded motorists.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What options do I have that don't involve me leaving my house and going somewhere else?
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Call technical assistance, pretend you're ill and can't get out and give them the keys to your car from your front door?

ohh! make it more dramatic by saying you need to get to the doctor ASAP.
              That way they'll come faster.

But only do this once

Comment

Phone AA? Or AAA as it is probably better known there?

But then why do you need a car if you are not leaving the house or going anywhere else? Are you driving it around the indoor racing track at your home?
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'm not going anywhere else because my car won't start.

Comment

I blame global warming.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

But your car won't start because you won't leave the house. It's a feedback nightmare!
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                        But your car won't start because you won't leave the house. It's a feedback nightmare!

Comment

When that happens, I try not to cry, for fear that the tears will freeze on my cheeks.

That's pretty much all I've got.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

There's also no food (that belongs to me) in the house. My current plan is to get pizza delivered and then steal the delivery boy's car.

Comment

have you considered walking?
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                              X