Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigoted fast food eaters get come-up-ance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigoted fast food eaters get come-up-ance.

If you've been eating at that really crappy chicken fast food place called Chick-fil-a and you paid with either credit or debit card then your info is now for sale on the internet. Not only did they get hacked due to bad security but they also apparently have known about it for a while and haven't done anything about it. Just more "corporate responsibility", I guess.

I guess it is true; liability means responsibility while lack of liability breeds impunity. Make these data breaches cost corporations and maybe they'll actually start taking computer security seriously or at least stop keeping customer credit card information in their data base.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

One-Starring Oerdin-Thrades™ is a skill that takes cKareful Planning, lots of Patience, and cKonstant PracKtice.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Because if there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that people who eat at socially reactionary restaurants deserve to be robbed?
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        Because if there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that people who eat at socially reactionary restaurants deserve to be robbed?
        Sensitive much?

And you do know that it is posts like this that cause people to agree that you are BK-lite.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
          Depends on how reactionary. Opposes gay marriage? That's not really that reactionary, so the people eating at the restaurant should be punished by, say, smelling like french fry grease all day. Opposes interracial marriage? That's getting further into reactionary territory, so let's punish them by having them burn their mouths on their food. Opposes all marriage? Now that's downright reactionary (marriage has been around for, let's say, 20,000 years) so punish them with botulism (although opposing all marriage may have come full circle now and become hyper-liberal, but to be fair we should also punish hyper-liberalism with botulism).
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
            Sensitive much?

And you do know that it is posts like this that cause people to agree that you are BK-lite.
            No, it's posts like...

Originally posted by Elok
            I hate black people and gays, but only a little bit!
            ...that make Elok look like BK-lite.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

When are you silly Americans going to start using chip technology in your credit/debit cards, and impose laws that restrict corporate data mining? Society would like both. Industry would hate the latter, but it should be done.
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                When are you silly Americans going to start using chip technology in your credit/debit cards, and impose laws that restrict corporate data mining? Society would like both. Industry would hate the latter, but it should be done.
                As soon as society can raise more money than industry so that it can buy enough politicians to pass the law

IIRC most/all credit cards don't allow vendors to retain credit card data, but everybody does it anyway (I worked for a company that went out of its way not to retain credit card data, and I was told by the financial guy that this was to comply with the credit card companies, but it might have just been because we didn't want to have any credit card data on hand if we were ever hacked)
                Last edited by loinburger; January 2, 2015, 15:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  No, it's posts like...

...that make Elok look like BK-lite.
                  Anyone who defends any religion is Bk-lite. :wiglaf:
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I ate at chik fil a about 30 minutes ago and it was delicious
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Credit cards are pretty secure even if someone gets your number. Here's a dirty little secret for you: Your credit card number, much like your social security number, is not really secret at all. Tons of people have access to it. The security of a credit card mostly comes from the fact that banks are really really good at figuring out what transactions are legitimate and what transactions are from stolen numbers.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I read somewhere that a huge percentage of credit card fraud is caught early when the culprits buy two tanks of gas and then buy two pairs of shoes (one for me, one for a friend)

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          I ate at chik fil a about 30 minutes ago and it was delicious
                          You have such terrible opinions.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I wouldn't say CFA is the best fast-food option, but there are far worse, and I think most of the hate it gets here is due to politics rather than the food's actual quality. Also, whenever I go to a Burger King/KFC/wherever, everybody has this look on his face that says, "I'd really like to kill myself. And I have this whole restaurant full of knives, fire and cleaning chemicals to do it with. But I'm too tired, dull and dispirited to work out the details, so instead I'll be really sloppy with your order." I've never been to a CFA like that.
                            1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                              I read somewhere that a huge percentage of credit card fraud is caught early when the culprits buy two tanks of gas and then buy two pairs of shoes (one for me, one for a friend)
                              Is that why everybody comes on here trying to sell their "dumps" instead of using them?
                              1011 1100

Comment

Working...
                              X