The Great Scottish FREEEEEEEEEDOOOMMMMM!!!!1!!! vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
    The same financial institutions saying they are moving cash and legal status south also say operations and jobs are not moving. That could change over time, but it is not a short term consequence of a Yes vote.
    Link please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonâ„¢ View Post
      Well, I certainly I never said I'm for independence so why assume that I am?
      Frankly? It looked good in the sentence

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
        Link please.
        RBS confirms it will relocate its registered headquarters to London if Scotland votes for independence next week, but says it has no intention to move jobs or operations.

In a letter to staff, the bank's chief executive said there was no intention to move operations or jobs.

It added: “While the scale of potential change is currently unclear, we have contingency plans in place which include the establishment of new legal entities in England. This is a legal procedure and there would be no immediate changes or issues which could affect our business or our customers.”

Etc.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Mel Gibson

Comment

• (i'm going to assume that he has scottish grandparents)
            after wiki search I again assumed wrong.
            Last edited by Bereta_Eder; September 12, 2014, 09:50.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
              Frankly? It looked good in the sentence
              You'll have to find something else to make your sentences look good.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• They have a far higher proportion of the UK's public service workers than the union as a whole does, so that's tens of thousands of potential job loses unless they artificially maintain a massively bloated bureaucracy.
                or to put it another way, they choose to utilise society's resources in a way which makes this possible.

How do Scots make that decision without any firm figures and guarantees about their economic security? There's a lot of scared people north of the border right now, and not because of any scaremongering but just because they genuinely have no idea if their lives are about to face massive upheaval in just a weeks time.
                they'll make it according to what they think about the issue. the arguments from both sides have been presented and now it's for the people to decide.

people are often apprehensive about change, but usually adapt to new realities well.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Colonâ„¢ View Post
                  You'll have to find something else to make your sentences look good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                    ... one might wonder if ireland will be next
                    Would that be the Republic of Eire, currently getting over its own financial crisis, head of state President Higgins, the Prime Minister being the Taoiseach (pronounced teashock) ?
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post

Also it is an illusion that England is "rich", London is rich, in principle City, insanely so .
                      I'm all for an independent London City State, providing that we never have Boris Johnson as Mayor or leader or Doge again.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post

People have told me there's so much to see in the North of England but I figure if I want to see a post-industrial wasteland I'll drive downtown.
                        Blessed are the ignorant, for they have so much still to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                          Actually the blue field doesn't come from the Scottish ensign, it comes from the royal navy ensign. The rules of heraldry state that red and blue should not touch each other, so the white separating the red crosses from the blue field should remain.

They ought to take out the red cross of St. Patrick anyway, North Ireland hardly represents an Irish Kingdom.
                          I've never heard of this before and Wikipedia says something completely different.

Comment

• The Union Flag is a stupid, lop-sided and garish rag. It deserves to be scrapped on pure aesthetic values alone, even before issues of knuckle-dragging jingoism get considered.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• If the Union Jack changes, do Australia and New Zealand have to change their flags too?
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• To the attention of Scots: "Le Coup de la Brink's"

In 1970, a week before the provincial election, the federal cabinet, fearing a separatist victory in Quebec, staged a coup with the Royal Trust. They had them load valuables and titles on trucks - presumably to have them moved to Toronto. The Gazette was warned in advance and sent a photographer. The picture made headlines and the story that capital was flowing out of Quebec circulated around the world. The whole thing was eventually revealed to be a complete fabrication.

Click image for larger version

Name:	coup-de-la-brink-s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	9101220
                                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                                X