Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do gun owners ever feel guilty after a gun accident involving their gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Look, Sava - even the good doctor agrees with you that pools are more dangerous than guns to children.
    Numbers don't lie. Only people. People are entitled to their opinions. People are entitled to be wrong.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Seems relevant:

Allowing college students and faculty to carry guns on campus makes everybody safer, right?

If you answered that the way the NRA does, then maybe consider what just happened at Idaho State University on Tuesday afternoon: A professor with a concealed carry permit was wounded when the gun he had in his pocket accidentally went off. According to local news outlet KIDK, the professor (who hasn't been identified at this point) was in the middle of teaching class when he literally shot himself in the foot:

Around 4 p.m. Tuesday, Public Safety received a call about an accidental discharge of a concealed weapon in the Physical Science building. A student said the gun went off in the middle of the class.

Police said the small-caliber handgun was in the professor's pants pocket and was not displayed at any time. They said the professor was able to leave of his own accord. He was treated and released from the hospital.

In March, Idaho Gov. Butch Otter signed a bill into law allowing permit holders to bring their guns onto public college and university campuses, despite polls showing overwhelming opposition from students and education leaders in the state. As the Idaho Statesman noted at the time, "Aside from perhaps agriculture, the NRA is the most powerful interest group in the Idaho Republican Party."

(sorry for the source, couldn't be helped)
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

So you're ceding the pools argument, right?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I think it's hard to argue that pools kill fewer young kids than guns.

I also think that nuclear weapons are more dangerous than pools, so we shouldn't worry about pools.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Pools kill more people than nuclear weapons.

Comment

Nukes are safe
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I own neither guns nor kids, so I'm all set.

But I have been to a shooting range so I could learn the basics of firing a gun. I want to at least know what to do so that when civilization crumbles and I can ably defend my homestead from the leather daddy biker gangs.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I should hope you don't own kids.

If you don't practice handling and shooting guns, however, all you're doing if you pick one up is bumping yourself up the target list.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                    I should hope you don't own kids.
                    How else would I obtain them? Besides being errand-runners, lawn-mowers and snack-obtainers, I don't see a use for them.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

You should always rent. Otherwise, it's too much like work.

Comment

I wonder if Florida will pass a law forbidding physicians from talking to parents about pool safety?
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                          I wonder if Florida will pass a law forbidding physicians from talking to parents about pool safety?
                          It's hard to say. The debate still rages.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                            We could fill the pools with guns and make them safer
                            It would be significantly harder to drown.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Someone doesn't get enough Fun.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

HC had fun once. He didn't like it.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X