Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do we do when when nobody has a job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not killing if they're still alive, even if in a somewhat different form.

Come to think of it, Apotheosis is probably a good of what we'll do when almost nobody has a job - upload the consciousness's of the jobless to a vast cyber world where they can play or whatever, then the robots and the remaining workers won't be encumbered by them. It'll save money, space and resources.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
      So we kill criminals, only we take a really nice picture of them beforehand?
      Well execution IS an effective means of crime prevention. The executed never commits another crime.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• A really nice photo...
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
          Robotic police, lawyers, judges and government officials would be honest, diligent, competent, free of prejudice and incorruptible. Imagine a world where they're in charge and they hold us to the same standards.

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Come to think of it, Apotheosis is probably a good of what we'll do when almost nobody has a job - upload the consciousness's of the jobless to a vast cyber world where they can play or whatever, then the robots and the remaining workers won't be encumbered by them. It'll save money, space and resources.
            OH think of the children.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb View Post
              The word does exist, perhaps not in English though.

The fundamental difference between Capitalism and Communism is that Capitalism intends to make people wealthier and considers that human nature is unchangeable, while Communism intends to make people BETTER, not wealthier, and doesn't believe that human nature is unchangeable. The whole point and supreme goal of Communism is to make humans better, to reveal a hidden talent and creativity every human being has inside him, to open it and bring it on the new level, to bring a human being closer to God in terms of creativity, if you like. Capitalism and society of consumption cultivates only certain talents in human being, a talents, which could make that human being to become richer. Wealth is a supreme goal for Capitalism, but it is not the case with Communism.

That's why "invasion of robots" wouldn't have been a problem for a true Communist society (but such thing doesn't exist or ever existed)

BTW, I've seen this video about two weeks ago, actually. Robotization and cybernization and AI (I'm sorry, if such words do not exist in English) will surely hasten the world falling into abyss. When human civilization creates more and more advanced tools and the capabilities and possible threat those tools posses growth exponentially, while at the same time humans do not evolve and remain at the same level as they were a hundred or 200 years ago, the end is inevitable. Sooner or later that will end up in an Armageddon.
              Just extrapolate things a bit further in time. A hundred years from now, probably, any nerd would be able to construct a nuke in his cellar, just like any nerd now can learn from the Internet how to make C4. What is then?
              CABOOM.

And the tools of destruction humanity will have in future will be way more devastating than the tools we have now. If you extrapolate things at infinity, sooner or later even a child would be able to destroy the World with just a movement of his finger, if he likes. And the only way to stop that is to change the human as a being, to make it impossible for him to do so (Armageddon) regardless of what, to evolve human beings to the new level.
              I don't care how skillful you are, or good your 3-D printer is, you will never be able to 3-D print uranium.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Never is a long time ... so who knows if it's possible. Of course the reason we will never get there even if it is possible is because humanity will have long before wiped itself out with 3D printed viruses:

Weaving his way through a virtually invisible and widely unknown world of microscopic cells and futuristic technology, Autodesk’s genetic engineer Andrew Hessel is working to fight cancer on a new...

Comment

• We might be able to create uranium in the future (all you need is a miniature supernova...), but I'm not sure it would be appropriate to call that "3d printing" uranium.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• What would be appropriate to call it would depend on what was involved in doing it. I'm not talking about current theoretical ways it could be done, but referencing the vast amount of unknown there still is and saying we don't have the faintest idea of what will be possible if humanity continues to advance "forever". At some point in "forever" we likely would be able to easily do things which now seem completely impossible or haven't even been dreamed of. By then who knows what language we'd be using anyway, or if there would even be anything to communicate to "others".

Comment

• Wondering how many idiots will figure out this was a necro.
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Well you did, so that's at least 1 ...

Comment

• oh lol.
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                          X