The ongoing ISIS massacres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
    Well unless dannubis wants to tell us when he stopped physically abusing his girlfriend it does seem a bit ridiculous to automatically assume that Nikolai doesn't care about the suffering of Muslims at the hands of ISIS based solely on his contributions to a Christian relief organization.

I have always felt the strawmanning of "why don't you care about X" is simply a way to shut down conversation and prevent the caring about a persecuted group. In that way it is highly shameful to do so.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yes, Ben does it all the time.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I can hardly think of a annoying posting habit that Ben doesn't have. I guess he doesn't have MrFun's tendency to post idiotic threads about articles from hack writers with minimal commentary.

Comment

• MrFun makes this about gay rights in 3... 2... 1...
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post

I have always felt the strawmanning of "why don't you care about X" is simply a way to shut down conversation and prevent the caring about a persecuted group. In that way it is highly shameful to do so.
            Oh sure, you care about the strawman here, but what about the strawman in the Great Scottish Freedom thread?
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Not religeous enough.
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Not enough muslims to fund war companies

Comment

• Ok, enough about that.

So Saddam didn't suck ... that bad. And USA is evil for displacing him. Now what? We still need to keep the worst guys from ruling over, right? What about Iran? Do they not suck that bad too? What about Assad? Some people say he's the best one to defeat IS. Going with these so called moderates seems stupid to me.

Comment

• Oh man. So now you're grading murderous dictators on a curve?
                    Keep the faith, Bin Laden family. Eventually he'll be covered by the "not so bad" umbrella.
                    ISIS, fear not. Your turn to be absolved will come someday.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                      Oh man. So now you're grading murderous dictators on a curve?
                      Keep the faith, Bin Laden family. Eventually he'll be covered by the "not so bad" umbrella.
                      Well, the USA have a long history of application of the "He may be a bastard, but he is our bastard"-principle.
                      Therefore normally one should have assumed that the US government would recognize Saddams usefulness in keeping the islamic fundamentalists (in his country) at bay ... and actually, most of the world knew it would be a bad idea to depose Saddam.

But of course, with a not all too bright person as president of the USA (and followers in his country which blindly believed even the most absurd of his fabrications) it was no big surprise that decisions would be made, that would haunt the world even a decade thereafter
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            Oh man. So now you're grading murderous dictators on a curve?
                            I'm a realist, politically. I've been one for awhile now. History is showing the invasion of Iraq to be a mistake. It's time to accept that and deal with reality as it is.

Comment

• That's an opinion.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• The invasion of Iraq was factually a mistake. At no time after the invasion was life for the Iraqis better than it was before it.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X