No announcement yet.

The ongoing ISIS massacres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, but I am! Oh crap, I've said more than I should!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Of course you aren't.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Whatever.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Don't worry Speer. I believe you.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
            I'm pretty sure that's because of scarsity of american civilians around rather than faulty analogy
            Didn't stop al-Qaeda.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I was talking about finding some around their parts (syria-iraq).
              But of course they'll try to find more abroad. I doubt how succesful they'll be though or even if that's their primary objective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                I don't see what's so funny. I've honestly probably said more than I should.
                1. you are lying which makes it sad, not funny, so you are correct
                2. you are telling the truth which makes it stupid, not funny, so you are correct.

to summarize... you are ....... ??????????????? correct ?
                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• I'd wager he's on a ship somewhere in an MEU or something.

Comment

• Okay, I've read a bunch of op-eds by ostensibly knowledgeable people, and they all make two points:

1. We must prevent Iraq from fragmenting.
                    2. But I'm damned if I know how we can.

So I'm inclined to just smash ISIS for now and not worry about solving the root problem, which is apparently insurmountable anyway.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      I don't see what's so funny. I've honestly probably said more than I should.

I'll make it clear I am not in Iraq.
                      Don't worry, no one ever thought for a second that you were.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post

So I'm inclined to just smash ISIS for now and not worry about solving the root problem, which is apparently insurmountable anyway.
                        100% agree.
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• For the Christians amongst us:

Urgent text from Open Doors: "Christians in Northern Iraq are calling for urgent prayer backing as they're in great danger- serious threat of beheading of all Christians in a few hours. Please forward this request to your praying friends on behalf of our brothers & sisters in Christ.".

For you others, let's hope the West intervenes. Building a sustainable state can wait. We need to stop the persecution of the Christians, Yazidis and other minorities NOW.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            Okay, I've read a bunch of op-eds by ostensibly knowledgeable people, and they all make two points:

1. We must prevent Iraq from fragmenting.
                            2. But I'm damned if I know how we can.
                            why? (i mean i understand that this is a key western objective, but also as i mentioned earlier one of the things that make this conflict very difficult to resolve, but rather why must we prevent iraq from fragmenting?)

it's not insurmountable, it just means making some hard choices. so actually, yes, probably insurmountable.

i will just note that it was an ill-conceived and poorly-executed western military adventure that created the space for ISIS in the first place, why will another solve the problem?
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Why do you not want the West, who is in a position to stop the killing, to intervene?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                                why? (i mean i understand that this is a key western objective, but also as i mentioned earlier one of the things that make this conflict very difficult to resolve, but rather why must we prevent iraq from fragmenting?)
                                The general consensus is that it will be like Yugoslavia, but bigger and uglier.

it's not insurmountable, it just means making some hard choices. so actually, yes, probably insurmountable.

i will just note that it was an ill-conceived and poorly-executed western military adventure that created the space for ISIS in the first place, why will another solve the problem?
                                Er, because we're talking about radically different situations being tackled by different people with different objectives, so it doesn't necessarily follow that similar outcomes will result? Also, the situation is already FUBAR and looking like it's going to get worse, but we might at least salvage Kurdistan and some refugees.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X