No announcement yet.

Did Ross cheat on Rachel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh a tv show... yeah, not a very good one.

Comment

By not very good, you mean one of the best that is still discussed years after it ended? Friends, by nearly all requirements, is an example of a great sitcom.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I dunno... a bunch of pretty people and one liners. I guess I like to see a bit more. but, I don't have cable, don't watch TV. I do not think I'm missing much.

Comment

Friends is a **** TV show. Only **** people like it
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
            Friends is a **** TV show. Only **** people like it
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Friends was what the idiots watched back in the day. Smart people liked Seinfeld. Nobody has ever watched or liked both shows
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That last statement is defintely untrue.

Most of my friends liked and watched both.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                  Friends was stupid
                  Are you now being contrarian because I said you'd be too contrarian to hate friends?
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Though I admit the bloopers are funnier than the actual show.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Friends was what the idiots watched back in the day. Smart people liked Seinfeld. Nobody has ever watched or liked both shows
                      Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      That last statement is defintely untrue.

Most of my friends liked and watched both.
                      I lean more with SAVA, it was dumbed down comedy.
                      This thread is about right. For Sienfeld we remember the great comic moments like "No soup for you". Here we're discussing one of the worst relationships in TV history.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

However, both of them were put together(ish, a show was usually between them, IIRC) on Thursday nights on NBC for Friends' first 3 years (and Seinfeld's last 3). People usually watched the 2 hour block of comedies from 8pm to 10pm EST - you know, "Must See TV". People tended to watch both and whatever was in between the two (which gave huge ratings boosts to the various 8:30pm EST shows that would get moved somewhere else after its base was enshrined).

Friends was actually quite a good comedy for the first 3-4 seasons and then it became too soap operatic. The pushing for a true ensemble comedy was a great move by the series creators (NBC wanted to do a dominant story line and secondary story lines & wanted one older character because it seemed the six were "too young"). It was highly influential.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The only thing good about Friends was Matthew Perry.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                            I lean more with SAVA, it was dumbed down comedy.
                            That's American sitcom defined.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              However, both of them were put together(ish, a show was usually between them, IIRC) on Thursday nights on NBC for Friends' first 3 years (and Seinfeld's last 3). People usually watched the 2 hour block of comedies from 8pm to 10pm EST - you know, "Must See TV". People tended to watch both and whatever was in between the two (which gave huge ratings boosts to the various 8:30pm EST shows that would get moved somewhere else after its base was enshrined).

Friends was actually quite a good comedy for the first 3-4 seasons and then it became too soap operatic. The pushing for a true ensemble comedy was a great move by the series creators (NBC wanted to do a dominant story line and secondary story lines & wanted one older character because it seemed the six were "too young"). It was highly influential.
                              Obviously I wasn't like most people. Just like I'm not like most of JR's friends.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ain't that the truth...
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X