Ebola outbreak in West Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    I will not take this homophobic post as representative of the attitudes of the average Briton toward the men and women who serve or have served in the US Marine Corps.
    Why assume it is homophobic?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
      I'm tempted to believe that there's nothing more to being a Marine than being dense and using acronyms but I'll take you're not representative either.
      Excuse me... GCE and LCE dets of SPMAGTF-CR of 26th MEU under MFEA are en route to the West Africa AO of AFRICOM IOT provide HA to HN nationals in support of USAID and NGO activities. Better?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I will not take this homophobic post as representative of the attitudes of the average Briton toward the men and women who serve or have served in the US Marine Corps.
        Do you talk like this in real life?

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
          It was funnier before I learned Homeopaths Without Borders really exists.
          Oh wow..

I do love the rationalwiki entry though..

Originally posted by RationalWiki
          The name Médecins Sans Médicaments would be more appropriate, yet still carries the risk that homeopaths could be confused with people practicing medicine.

Comment

• Originally posted by kentonio View Post
            Do you talk like this in real life?
            We use more acronyms
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I'm sure gay homeopath marines will be able to control the situation.

Comment

• It sounds like some security support will be valuable over there, what with medical workers and patients being attacked by hysterical mobs.

Comment

Excuse me... GCE and LCE dets of SPMAGTF-CR of 26th MEU under MFEA are en route to the West Africa AO of AFRICOM IOT provide HA to HN nationals in support of USAID and NGO activities. Better?
                  No, the opposite.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Marines and Navy corpsmen are en route to Liberia and other Ebola-stricken West African nations to provide humanitarian assistance.
                    BUT WHAT ABOUT THE AIR FORCE PERSONNEL???!?!?!!?! YOU FORGOT ABOUT THEM!!!!

Although I'm skeptical about the navy corpsmen thing, are you sure about that? What I read is we're sending a bunch of loggies over to help them build hospitals and move supplies. Mostly AF units. Unless they're just the normal greenside corpsmen attached to the marine units in which case the distinction is lost on 99% of posters here.

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    There are other mil and former mil posters on poly. NONE OF THEM do the acronym aces thing you do or go uber-moto about everything. It's pathological.
                    Last edited by regexcellent; September 22, 2014, 17:41.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                      It sounds like some security support will be valuable over there, what with medical workers and patients being attacked by hysterical mobs.
                      The troops will be there for logistics, not security.

I was actually a bit impressed reading the reports on Sierra Leone's 3-days lockdown. The lockdown was widely abided by and ten-thousands of volunteers went from door to door providing information and handing out soap to households. They claim to have reached 80-90% of households and that most reacted positively. Given the destitute state of the country and the horrors of the civil war, I wouldn't have thought they'd conclude such an exercise succesfully and orderly.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Didn't some aid organizations say the lockdown was just likely to drive infected people underground though?

Comment

• That was a very insensitive remark, Ken.
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Would you prefer my attitude ? I think that some of the Marines who have appeared in American pron over the years have been damned hot. They can search me for hidden weapons any time.

For those scientifically interested in exploring further, the big name in production is Dirk Yates.

Just ask Al for his number.
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• I'm pretty sure all marines are homopathic
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                There's a difference between a bug kept in a vial under standard controls and setting a precedent to return infected folks from hot zones to America. It's a terrible precedent.

This is going to cost other Americans their lives.
                                Seems like you might be right. Guy in US is sick now, and has been infectious for days while being in America.
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X