imran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    Sava, how the hell do you actually support yourself? Serious question, I assume you do some sort of self-employed thing where keeping strange hours and being high all the time is sorta okay.
    His answer to that question is here.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Sava, how the hell do you actually support yourself? Serious question, I assume you do some sort of self-employed thing where keeping strange hours and being high all the time is sorta okay.
      He doesn't have kids and as far as I know he doesn't have a girlfriend. It's so much easier that way.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The full answer is not appropriate for a public forum.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          He doesn't have kids and as far as I know he doesn't have a girlfriend. It's so much easier that way.
          This.

K, here's my TLDR

Having no debt and a paid off house helps.

Most of what our society tells us we need to do to support ourselves is unnecessary.

Aside from money I've budgeted for entertainment expenses, I really don't spend much on anything else.

I live at home. I'll try to give a more complete history of the last decade:
          First, I have a serious case of clinical depression. I've spent years without leaving the house (at times). My medical condition all but requires I not live alone.
          In 2000, I moved out. Went to an art school for video game design. That was a mistake (despite learning a lot in the design classes). I moved home in 2003 and spent 2.5 years at home. I got super fat (for me). In 2006, things got better. I spent a summer losing weight. Got down to 190ish. Was highly motivated to "cure" myself of depression. Went back to school (this time living at home and commuting).

Oh, I forgot. My dad had a stroke when I was 5 and was paralyzed on his right side afterwards. He had a lot of other health issues. In 2000, he developed congestive heart failure. In 2008, skin cancer. 2010, he died.

Those events prompted my return home more than anything else... and my desire to stay as well.

I receive health benefits through the state of Illinois. That covers all my health care, vision, and dental. And I have that for life. I can't explain the process more because I wasn't involved in it. I was in treatment while everything got set up with all that stuff. I think it had something to do with my dad's job.

I live at home. So no house payments.

No family or SO.

My cell phone is on a family plan and also free from my mom's job.

Oh yeah, my mom. She has a hugely successful career. She got her MBA when she was 40 because my dad had so many medical stuff going on. She makes enough money to support ten families.

The is a factor in this and I don't feel comfortable explaining this to a great extent. Everyone should consider any such talk to be for... entertainment purposes only... as part of my ongoing web comedy series.

I'm definitely benefiting from the support of family.

I don't talk about my situation all that much because it's horribly frustrating. I don't want to be a disabled depressive. I should have been married w/children 10 years ago. There's a lot of "should haves" going on with me. Talking about it kind of brings that stuff up. And of course, it's terribly personal and I just don't care to deal with trolls who want to try and "depression shame" me. I came to terms with my medical condition a long time ago. It doesn't upset me. It just annoys me. Whoever does it is a serious asshole. I hate serious assholes.

It is what it is. I help out around the house as much as possible because I simply can't contribute in the form of money.

As much as I try to enjoy my leisure time, I hate it. I live in a prison of comfort. And while it is comfortable, it's still a prison.

My realistic treatment goals consist of managing symptoms when they present and maintaining my overall sanity to avoid further hospitalization. Being involved in the mental health system is not a fun experience. It's not jail. But you are locked in a... dorm room, I suppose. You meet a lot of interesting people. You get your ass inspected (because before seeking voluntary treatment, I always shove contraband up there).

I can't speak to the specific cause(s). Lots of stuff happened when I was a kid. My dad's stroke being the big one. A neighbor also molested me off and on until we moved away when I was 10. I think it started around age 6 or 7. I didn't tell anyone until I was 27 years old.

When I was a teen, I had some anger issues.

I'll be happy to answer anymore questions. But if people are going to try and personally attack me for stuff I share, I'm not going to put up with it. You'll get instant-ignore for life. You'll cease to exist.

I like to bull**** about pop-news and politics. I like video games. That's why I come here. For every serious anal pustule that I meet online, I meet many more decent people who I'd be happy to call my friend. We're all people. We all lead different lives.

so yeah, that's my story
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, it's seriously ****ing brave to spill all that out on the internet. You definitely weren't required to do that.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Thanks for saying so, Lori. I know you struggle too... as do others here. We should be able to share srsly serious stuff with each other AND still bust each other's balls while discussing all the bull**** going on in the world.

It was less painful than getting hit in the face with a hockey stick. And that's happened to me a lot.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Oh. I forgot. When I online date, my profile typically reads like my TLDR post above (with extra care put towards correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation).

It seems counter-intuitive. There are loads of Cosmo style articles about dating that will say, "Don't do that!".

Here's the thing. Women, in my experience, tend to be much more sensitive about emotional issues than men. But it's also a two-way street. If you go into the situation expecting your "baggage" to be accepted unconditionally, you need to be willing to do the same.

And though I've had some bad experiences with women who didn't understand my situation, the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Sex is also pretty awesome if a woman thinks she's curing you in the process.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Throw your wound to girls like a worm hook to a fish Works up to a certain age
                  Btw that ass remains paramount
                  Last edited by Bereta_Eder; June 1, 2014, 17:35.

Comment

Of course Sava makes my birthday thread about himself

I reiterate my banishment of you to Google+
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

blame reg, he asked

plus, this woulda just sunk like a rock anyways

once again, ungrateful
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You are so far in debt to my gratefulness that I shall consider this a partial payment!

btw, where is Slow anyways, aren't these threads his thing?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

/points to third post in this thread
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

He's not usually late.... was he high too?

Comment

(\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                                He's not usually late.... was he high too?
                                We've been over this. Sobriety was the issue.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X