The Impossibility of Growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
    We've been winning it ever since we mastered fire and exterminated the saber-tooth tigers.
    Oh crap, the whole ecosystem must have collapsed when we did that.

Comment

Yup yup yup!

Where do you think fossil fuels got their carbon? A bunch of plants sucked it out of the atmosphere hundreds of millions of years ago, they trapped it underground instead of releasing it after death, and now we're finally liberating it and putting it back where it belongs.
      Exhibit C: A pattern that took a few dozen million years is equivalent to one that is taking a few dozen years
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by AAAAAAAAH! View Post
        Oh crap, the whole ecosystem must have collapsed when we did that.
        Exhibit D: a campfire is equivalent to an oil refinery

Comment

• Carbon emmissions **** up the planet but there's developing technology to go ahead to Carbon Capture Storage.
          Really, if money was not an objection, it would have been solved.
          However, they are and it isn't.
          But tehcnologies are advancing there.
          It's amongst the top EU policies out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
            Exhibit D: a campfire is equivalent to an oil refinery
            I was talking about hte poor sabre-toothed tigers... without which the ecosystem is doomed.

Comment

Think about the production chain of an iPod for a minute or two. And the lifecycle of the product.
              Sure. I can think all I want. But everything I "think" of is bull**** because my "thoughts" aren't reality.

Neither are yours.

Why is it so hard for you to provide evidence for your bull**** assertions?
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Exhibit C: A pattern that took a few dozen million years is equivalent to one that is taking a few dozen years
                The time these events take is irrelevant. The point is that the carbon being released already existed in the atmosphere. It's just that during the Carboniferous period trees with a lot of lignin were impossible for the bacteria and other critters to break down and restore to the ecosystem. So a lot of carbon wound up sitting there undisturbed, then got buried, and now is being dug out and put to use by us.

Carbon is not pollution, it's a natural component of the Earth's atmosphere. Also, it is essential for plants!
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Does Oncle have an iPod? I hope he knows he's killing the planet.

Comment

• Well he has a computer, and those involve a lot more waste than a measly little iPod.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• In glorious, erm, 720p.

Comment

So predictable.

It takes a few particles per million to destroy an ecosystem. Welcome to reality and science!
                        ...which is why shipwrecks are always devoid of life.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                          Sure. I can think all I want. But everything I "think" of is bull**** because my "thoughts" aren't reality.

Neither are yours.

Why is it so hard for you to provide evidence for your bull**** assertions?
                          Sorry but you're astonishingly retarded.

You extract raw materials from all around the world, ship them all around the world for first transformation, ship transformed materials from all around the world to China for second transformation, ship final product to the US for consumption, ship electronic garbage to Africa.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                            ...which is why shipwrecks are always devoid of life.
                            ecosystems also are dynamic systems

They don't get destroyed, per se... they change.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The time these events take is irrelevant. The point is that the carbon being released already existed in the atmosphere. It's just that during the Carboniferous period trees with a lot of lignin were impossible for the bacteria and other critters to break down and restore to the ecosystem. So a lot of carbon wound up sitting there undisturbed, then got buried, and now is being dug out and put to use by us.

Carbon is not pollution, it's a natural component of the Earth's atmosphere. Also, it is essential for plants!
                              Time is relevant you cretin since it affects CONCENTRATION

Comment

Sorry but you're astonishingly retarded.

You extract raw materials from all around the world, ship them all around the world for first transformation, ship transformed materials from all around the world to China for second transformation, ship final product to the US for consumption, ship electronic garbage to Africa.
                                And still not a single source. You are absolutely useless and do more harm to your "cause" via your own ignorance, incompetence, laziness, and stupidity.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X