No announcement yet.

uh, guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After seeing the newest previews, I'm concluding this is really a Civ 5 total conversion mod being passed off as a new game.

That's not a bad thing, per se. But I'll wait until it's $20 or so on a Steam sale.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I think it's too early to draw that conclusion. We have no idea yet what the resource/economy/growth system is going to be like.

Also, I've heard from Civ5 modders that the details released so far are beyond what could be accomplished with Civ5's modding tools. So eventually this gets into a semantic argument. It's built on the same engine, yes. It's still a civ game, yes. Where is the dividing line between extensive mod and new game?
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
        I think it's too early to draw that conclusion. We have no idea yet what the resource/economy/growth system is going to be like.
        1. No. It's not. The timing of the conclusion is perfectly appropriate considering the information released.
        2. The resource/economy/growth system is irrelevant. Examine Civ4: Colonization versus Civ4.

The landscape looks almost entirely the same... the water... the river

It's built on the same engine, yes. It's still a civ game, yes. Where is the dividing line between extensive mod and new game?
        Semantics is important. One person could say, "DONT PISS ON ME". Another says, "ooh rain!"

Again, I'm not saying this is a bad thing. But let's not mince words. This is a Civ 5 mod.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
          The landscape looks almost entirely the same... the water... the river
          I think that's partly due to us still seeing a very early build of the game and only seeing the "lush" biome. /me shrugs.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I think that's partly due to us still seeing a very early build of the game and only seeing the "lush" biome. /me shrugs.
            So it's confirmed that the art style will change?
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• The game shown is pre alpha. Make of that what you want.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Current graphics are placeholders?
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                  The game shown is pre alpha. Make of that what you want.
                  Listen to this man.

Comment

• So tell me, what does it mean?
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.

Comment

• Pre-alpha means not everything is in yet, placeholders can and will occour, and change/betterment of graphics will be seen. Many features are not in yet, or in a vastly different form than the release version. Some features are in that might be cut later. In short, the game is NOT ready.

Look at CK2 in alpha(or pre alpha, not sure):

Compared to a post-release version:
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Nikolai
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• What?

Comment

• = Thank you for providing an example. And that was just generally helpful. Nevertheless, the original question remains.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Anyone in the know would be under NDA.

Comment

Working...
                                X