Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just saw the movie, Twelve Years a Slave ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    Band of Brothers wasn't about Nazis being bad though it did have a Very Special Episode about a concentration camp (which was historical; the company in question in fact liberated a concentration camp, and that was a major part of their wartime experience).

I haven't read Red Tails; from what I understand it's a ****ty anthropomorphic animals version of LotR for children. Incidentally the fantasy and scifi genres are the worst offenders of shoehorned-in morals about racism and ****. e.g. take any BioWare game ever.

(the worst offender being ME3's insistence that we be accepting of Joker's robosexuality)

edit: I can't believe I forgot, BBC is the pretty bad about this too
    I guess you're looking everywhere for anything that you find offensive.

Why one would find a movie portraying the reality of slavery to be offensive though, I can't fathom.

Or maybe Solomon Northup had some PC agenda of some kind to want to recount his experiences, when he wrote and had his book published. The nerve of him.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
      Why one would find a movie portraying the reality of slavery to be offensive though, I can't fathom.
      Maybe because nobody, not even me, actually does!

I know it's probably decades too late to ask you to learn to read, but nonetheless.

Comment

Maybe because nobody, not even me, actually does!

I know it's probably decades too late to ask you to learn to read, but nonetheless.
        What is all your whining about in this thread then? In one of your posts you were whining about the fact that some movies address racism. And you were so offended that you made the remark that "everyone today knows slavery is bad; enough already."

If you weren't offended, I don't know why you whined about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
          Oh did reg repeat the thing FOX made up about the Lego movie being anti-capitalism?
          Amazing. The worlds biggest toy advert is anti-capitalist?
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

I haven't read Red Tails; from what I understand it's a ****ty anthropomorphic animals version of LotR for children.
            You're thinking of Redwall. Red Tails is a Lucas film about the Tuskegee Airmen.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
              Amazing. The worlds biggest toy advert is anti-capitalist?
              Yeah, no, I never said that either, would be nice if Sava wouldn't make **** up apropos of nothing.

Comment

• I was laughing at Fox saying it, not you.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Yeah, no, I never said that either, would be nice if Sava wouldn't make **** up apropos of nothing.
                  I JUST ASKED

FUCKFACE
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    cut reg some slack... he's not real strong with empathy

Or facts or history.
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Anyway, to summarize.

Reg complained about movies that have racism and/or slavery in it, and then later said that he was not complaining about those things.

Comment

• Holy ****ing ****, how the hell to you get less derision than BK?
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

When I watched Band of Brothers, it hit me at the very end--oh my god, there was never a shoehorned-in thing about how the Army was segregated in World War II! No references to the efforts of women and minorities in the war effort! It just took a company and followed it around for its tour in Europe without getting into dumb political correct bull****. It hit me then--going out of your way to make sure everybody knows just how bad black people had it or whatever is now the cliche, and it is refreshing when they don't do that.

So, yeah, anyone else sick of the racism is bad ****? Like, as if I need to be ****ing told.
                          You're right. I totally made this up, Patty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                            Holy ****ing ****, how the hell to you get less derision than BK?
                            MrFun has minimal intellectual capacity and zero analytical capability.

As usual, he is not intellectually equipped for this discussion. Which is sad, because it's not very complicated.

Arguing with MrFun is like trying to teach algebra to your dog.

Comment

• oh the irony
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Arguing with MrFun is like trying to teach algebra to your dog.
                                QFT
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X